Track Bar

Green Monster

This is a stupid question but im going to ask can a stock track bar be welded on, its not any odd steel that a weld would not hold on is it. my local chassis builder told me if i could verify that it can be welded with no issues he could put a sleeve and a monster heim joint on the ball end and fix it for good. so its simple has it been done with a stock bar and is their any issues with doing it this way. hes going to keep it stock with a small amount of adjustment both ways to center up the axle in the truck. thanks for the info to come.

hey do u know how long the tracion bars have to be for a 1995 longbed dodge regular cab.

this thread was made for the track bar that keeps the front axle centered in the truck. but no i don't know how long they need to be, most of the guys around here go from the bottom U bolt plate to the frame right about the middle of the doors.

well this post might as well be deleted nobody has an answer or comment on my question about welding on the factory track bar.

I can't answer your question but if he's going to take the time to weld a new joint on, you would think he could probably make a new one for not a whole lot more...

Don Thuren makes a good one, he offers one for lifted trucks too
Thuren Fabrication - 0-3" lift track bar

Do you mean tapping the tie rod so an adjustable heim joint can be ran?

Do you mean tapping the tie rod so an adjustable heim joint can be ran?

There isn't room to do that IMHO due to the location of the arc in the bar that is needed to clear the diff housing.

I don't know what the material is that the bar is made out of specifically, but I don't see any reason why a uniball or johnny joint couldn't be welded to the bar provided there is enough room to do it. That is actually my plan if I ever have an issue with the bar that is currently on my truck.

There isn't room to do that IMHO due to the location of the arc in the bar that is needed to clear the diff housing.

I don't know what the material is that the bar is made out of specifically, but I don't see any reason why a uniball or johnny joint couldn't be welded to the bar provided there is enough room to do it. That is actually my plan if I ever have an issue with the bar that is currently on my truck.

This is what i want to do is use a johnny joint or a high misalignment mono-ball, im just looking for something that i can fix this problem for the last time and do it fairly cheap i cant afford the conversion or any of the 400 and 500 dollar bars that every ones selling.

here check this out.. Lindstad track-bar adjustable-end repair kit for 4x4's correcting steering problems for a fraction of the price.

My track bar is going bad too. Its shaking like crazy when i put on the brakes and sometimes even when i get on it hard. I can reach up there and move it with my hand, and the stud is out of threads so i cant tighten it anymore. I saw that kit right there that they offer. Decent price i guess $72 bucks. But their directions say there involves some welding.. so im guessing its possible.

Back