traction bar adjustment

blue2002

Had a buddy install some traction bars on my truck. I was wondering what would be the best adjustment and if you had to measure anything besides the distance from axle to cross member? also Do you extend them or retract them?

gladly to take anyone s input on this?

Thank you

I make them tight pushing towards the rear end ? make sure they are tight and 99 % of the time if your air pressure isn't crazy low you won't bounce.

How tight they should be ran should be factored against how steep they were installed.

If they are super steep and you run them real tight, you'll really start to limit the path of the springs and worsen the ride quality.

If they are run tight they will become very tight with a heavy pin weight and you run the risk of bending or breaking something. It really depends on the angle.

Thank you everyone for answering my question.

I thought I seen some where about when you extending them out to where your front over load was about a inch away from the stopper on the frame?

I know when I first picked it up after they where installed my front of the truck felt like it was floating and it was raised up the front end. But also my truck was setting level to and it's factory.

But last question when you extend these and tighten what is the best way to park the truck?

Back