traction bars and spring clamps

blackdieselram

now that i have my truck running right i think i need to get something to help with traction. i have read that spring clamps help with wheel hop but do they help with axle wrap also? should i get traction bars and use clamps at the track or will just using the clamps be ok?

traction bars with frame mounted shackles

I'm not certain but if you use a straight bar with a shackle at the frame I don't believe that will work given it will just push the shackle forward when the axle tries to wrap up. You would need to use a ladder bar (attaching at two points on the axle end per side) or is that what you were getting at?

you are correct, my statement lacked description

bar(s) would be hard mounted to axle housing, and the frame mounted shackle allows for the articulation from the leaf springs (axle movement/bushing flex, yada dada)

What i am referring to is what Robert Evans had equipped on his truck for the Diesel Power Challege:

0909dp_01_z+diesel_power_challenge_2009_results+2004_dodge_ram.jpg

This is not like the long "traction bars" that the pulling guys use

Cool.

On a side note if articulation is not of concern personally i'd lean toward caltracs. Not sure if the OP is looking to do alot of offroading towing etc. though.

traction bars with frame mounted shackles

you are correct, my statement lacked description

bar(s) would be hard mounted to axle housing, and the frame mounted shackle allows for the articulation from the leaf springs (axle movement/bushing flex, yada dada)

What i am referring to is what Robert Evans had equipped on his truck for the Diesel Power Challege:

0909dp_01_z+diesel_power_challenge_2009_results+2004_dodge_ram.jpg

This is not like the long "traction bars" that the pulling guys use

you are talking about a "lift" or ladder bar.

Garrett

the truck is also my daily driver so i didnt want caltracks, i have heard they make the ride really bad. i decided to get a set of ladder bars, they look like they are the exact same as the ones in the picture. im getting them from gdp

Back