traction

ilm99cumminss

alright guys lets talk traction what it takes to get a full size 2wd cummins to hook up thats my project now that im pretty well done with the motor!

im not exactly sure i know its mostly tires a good shock and alot of guys use caltracs

Look up the 95 junker drag truck thread by bigblue24. That's a good place to start if on a budget.

Not really on a budget but want to buy what ill get the most bang for my buck with if you know what I mean

Full 4-link, relocate a fuel cell, battery, and everything else to the bed, and run 33x16s and you should be in business. That should get you a 1.4-1.6 60 ft.

Caltrac's, lose a few springs from the rear packs, and some slicks.

It seems like the proven setup. I guess some good shocks would help as Jason pointed out.

I had a buddy with a 2wd 24v a few years ago & it was a tire roaster. We stripped the spring packs down, put on some caltracs & some no-name brand aftermarket shocks & a set of drag radials & the difference was night & day. It got down the track pretty good after that

A New paint job should shave a few 10th's off that 60'!! :poke:

But I got to agree, biggest bang for the buck, Caltracks, Slicks, Good shocks and relocate as much stuff to the bed as you can.

Oh and if your going for the Super Street 2.6......Id make a few racks over the axle for some weights.........

I have the same issue, my best 60ft is like a 2.2 on aired down toyo proxes, i've lost my overload springs, and need to get caltracs, i just wish somebody made a taller set of slicks than 28" to fit 17" wheels! M&H only makes a 28" and i can't seem to find any taller! I need a taller one because i want the top end that i have now, i'm just afraid i will gain E/T on the bottom end and lose it up top. BTW truck has 3.73 gears.

I have the same issue, my best 60ft is like a 2.2 on aired down toyo proxes, i've lost my overload springs, and need to get caltracs, i just wish somebody made a taller set of slicks than 28" to fit 17" wheels! M&H only makes a 28" and i can't seem to find any taller! I need a taller one because i want the top end that i have now, i'm just afraid i will gain E/T on the bottom end and lose it up top. BTW truck has 3.73 gears.

do some grinding on the calipers and get a 16 inch

yupp, i pulled the bed off the truck tonight to install the fass. and im also going to pull some leafs out the the rear springs and move the shocks to behind the axle. anybody what to add anything in that i should do while the beds off?

Back