Tractors

Yea, they did alot of things wrong, starting with a big block V-8,a non sfi flywheel/clutch, no tie bars between the rear and the front, etc,etc, etc.

"Economy Modified" class. It should never have been let on the track.

Sledpuller said:
Yea, they did alot of things wrong, starting with a big block V-8,a non sfi flywheel/clutch, no tie bars between the rear and the front, etc,etc, etc.

"Economy Modified" class. It should never have been let on the track.

There's lots of "automotive engine in a tractor" modifies running around up here. It's very rare that one breaks like that. Oh yeah, and they have no idea what sfi means...:hehe:

Putting big block horsepower through an M or any antique power train is asinine, It was just stroke of pure luck that that guy wasn't killed, I had friends at that pull they said it was scary.

People that don't know what SFI is or don't care, Are guys that run a cast clutch in a higher performance application and get people hurt, Kind of like what happened in Kentucky a few years ago.

If you want to pull antiques, Fine do so with the engines that were available, if you want to build a Modified class of tractor do so with safe parts!! People getting hurt at pulls will only do one thing, Make Insurance too expensive to get.

Last edited:
tractors

Sledpuller said:
That would be "ROAD" tractor, according to Prefesser KTA Cummins.

Sledpuller,
Isn't the thread about tractors-----:poke:
according to Prefesser KTA Cummins.-----he didn't specify which:hehe:

The custom HOT ROD tractors that form NAST would differ with the prefesser
I'll have to post some of those pictures of the show only customs, if anyone is interested.:Cheer:

Till then bring on the green & red ones-----:pop:

WAYNES WORLD

I like all kinds of tractors, mostly the crawler type.:kick:

I had never heard of the term ROAD tractor, until I went to Kentucky. They are semi-tractors around here.

Yea, those antiques with 500+ hp and no safety equipment are a danger to the whole sport. Not sure how they ever got away with it in the first place.

The driver of the pic above ended up between the sled and the rear tire. He was ok.
The bystander nearly 100 feet away, almost lost a leg when the flywheel come zipping through. He still has a limp, but can walk.

It caught on fire, also, the flywheel cut through the back of the fuel tank on its way out.

sledpuller , i know what you mean , they are unsafe , hell for 15 years i did the pulls with my 721 alky motor , they would check my truck out from head to tail and if one little thing was wrong YOU HAD TO fix it, i got out 3 years ago because i got married and spending that kind of money wasn t cutting it with the new wife , i do miss it alot , if i hit the big one i ll get back into it but with a diesel this time , i should have just sold the 721 CID and kept the rolling chassis , oh well,

No Gene they are Road tractors in the rest of the free world, We cant help it your a Yankee from New York:hehe:

Uh, the rest of the free world is NOT South west Pa, which is more West Virginny than PA!!!
Semi-tractor or tractor trailer- road tractor is southern hillbilly, no doubt about it.

Yea, its funny how they hound the pickups for safety, but let every Jim-Bob hucklebuck with a tractor and cow poop hanging off the fenners, run whatevers under the hood!!

However, my favorite tech guy(from Distributors neck of the woods)

Me:"Whats the rules for the Diesel pick up class?"

Him, with a one tooth smile: "Give me $20 and weigh in!"LOL

He was a great guy.... Looked like Block kinda:evil ....BTW wasnt that the first win???

Sounds like you've already heard about the problems of that engine then...not a big secret though!

Chris

Why not a forum for the over the road tractors?? I can think of a few topics to discuss....... LOL:evil :st: :poke:

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 8
RacinDuallie,

I like the tracor idea but will it be for CTD only??????:ft:

Will it be performance only ???:st:

We used to race our bobtails on Fathers Day in the midwest, years ago. Nice Pete by the way------:woohoo:

Thanks,

WAYNES WORLD

Back