Trailer repaint, looking for ideas.

That's some cool looking decking material. I'm almost afraid to get measurements on my trailer and call and see what it would cost to use that stuff instead of lumber when I put it all back together.

That's some cool looking decking material. I'm almost afraid to get measurements on my trailer and call and see what it would cost to use that stuff instead of lumber when I put it all back together.

The flooring to cover my 6'8" x 24' stock trailer cost me $2100. It does take a few extra cross braces as it is basically rubber. Great junk. I think Rumbar brand is a tad more, but I'd price both before ordering. I'd like to have it on my flatbed too.....but it will be a while before that happens.

The flooring to cover my 6'8" x 24' stock trailer cost me $2100. It does take a few extra cross braces as it is basically rubber. Great junk. I think Rumbar brand is a tad more, but I'd price both before ordering. I'd like to have it on my flatbed too.....but it will be a while before that happens.

Conveniently my trailer has extra cross bracing (12" on center) so I wouldn't have to do any extra work to the trailer to support the decking. Just spending that kinda coin on decking is rough. Haven't had much trouble with my wood decking so I'll probably just keep using that.

If you are going to spend the money to fix it up and keep the trailer might as well strip it completely (IMHO) and have a good quality paint job done. It can last a long time, however prep work is hugely important to any good paint job.

As far as going to 17.5" singles check your weight rating on the them, they may be rated for more weight, but might not be equal or more than the 16" duels your running now. Kumho makes a "J" rated 17.5 rated at 6005lb per wheel (single) pricy though. Singles pull amazing compared the duels though on the highway.

Kronic

Back