Tranny Fluid with your fuel?

Dustin Manis

My brother has an 03' and he heard that someone mixes used tranny fluid with his fuel and he gets better mileage and it smokes a little bit more, and has more power, hist truck is an 06'. My brother wants to try it but I've never heard of doing it, so I told him to wait and I would find out if it's true and if it would screw anything up if he did.

horrible idea... tranny fluid is not designed to be burnt!

use ashless 2 stroke if you want a cheap fuel additive

I ran some used motor oil out of my puller, it will have less than 10 hooks on it, and really only change it cause it would have higher diesel content. I can't see the tranny fluid having a higher energy content, and can't be cheaper than diesel. Now if it was pretty clean used tranny fluid then I might consider it.

transmission fluid is synthetic but the vw rabbit to bought a few months back had transmission fluid in the fuel and is smoked and ran a little rough but it did burn.

older trucks will burn it alright, but still not recomended...

I DEFINATELY wouldn't put it in a common rail fuel system!

Alright thanks, I didn't think it would do any good, and I wanted to find out before he did it cause I wouldn't think it would be good for the fuel system or anything else. I don't know how long this other guy has been doing it but he's putting it in an 06'. Forrest will that ashless 2 stroke give better fuel mileage?

I think fuel mileage is determined mostly by driving style. Keep your foot out of it and you will see better results. I have been using 2 cycle oil for about a month now and the biggest change I see is the noise reduction. Much quieter now. The oil seems to replace some of the necessary lube removed from ulsd. I have not had the time to hand calculate any changes but I do believe most people say it is for the better. I use 1oz per gallon. It's easy math for even a blond like me to do.

Find a character named moparman1973.

Back