tranny help me please

2000_fummins

jack of all master of few
Got a built 4r100 with a stand alone computer behind my 12v..tranny was awesome when pulled out of wrecked truck. Here's what's happening the dipstick is showing full. Note only thing not bolted on yet is were you fill it but all the fluid went in so I dont see a prob there. The truck will go like hell in reverse but u gotta rev it up to go forward. Not very fast may I add. I mean it feels like to me I need more fluid?? One more weird thing it will start in gear. Im just gessing when the dumbass who did the swap before me bipassed it. Sorry for spelling im just a little mad

Last edited:
Do you try to make thread titles with double meanings or is it something you are just born with, as far as your problem no idea

Do you try to make thread titles with double meanings or is it something you are just born with, as far as your problem no idea

Please don't wast my time. I did the title in a rush. This is CompD best site by far someone has to be able to help.

Well with that attitude it may have been the worst place to ask LOL but I'll bite has the truck been running long enough to fill the tc? It's probable that your pressure is low since you have full reverse and not full forward (reverse demands the most pressure) is there something in the linkage not allowing it to shift into first and it's starting in second?

Well with that attitude it may have been the worst place to ask LOL but I'll bite has the truck been running long enough to fill the tc? It's probable that your pressure is low since you have full reverse and not full forward (reverse demands the most pressure) is there something in the linkage not allowing it to shift into first and it's starting in second?

Sorry if I came off with an attitude just used to guys side tracking my thread. Since it will start in gear I haven't even finished the linkage yet. I have just been crawling under and moving it. Its a project and im at the point of a road test.

It possible you are acidently putting it in second and not drive? Better men have done worse I'm sure.

No sir. I got that auto pattern burned in my skull know. Park reverse neutral drive second first. Goes from the back of tranny an each gear is forward. Do u think I filled the tranny but it ant made its way to the tc. To fill it up.I know almost all the fluid was out of it. Sry for spelling. Im driving

So your also saying low on fuild reverse would work great but forward not so much.

What "gear" are you trying to start in? Drive? 1st? 2nd? If you have reverse, low fluid doesn't make sense. In a E4/4R reverse requires the most volume of fluid.

I have tried them all. All the forward gears have the same effect. Have to rev up a little bit to get it to move. When i say move i mean just enough to roll. Yet reverse you can go like a bat out of he!!. I mean to me it fells low on fluid but the stick says other wise. As for my controler i forgot right know. I mean the controller just goes off the throttle cable and tells the tranny when to **** gears in drive. That is my understanding but please inlightin me if u have any ideas. Note I drove the wrecked truck into the garage with no problems and pulled motor and trans

I had a 2003 7.3 here once that acted exactly as your trans is acting. There were wires that had been probed through the coating by someone else and the wires were corroded causing high resistance. It also ended up taking a new ECM.

I had a 2003 7.3 here once that acted exactly as your trans is acting. There were wires that had been probed through the coating by someone else and the wires were corroded causing high resistance. It also ended up taking a new ECM.

Wait you know what my original fummins was a 5.4 . I saved the ecm from it. I pulled the tranny and motor out of the original fummins and put them in the new truck witch was a powerstroke to begins with. You don't think that could be the problem do ya? Did u go threw all the wires to find the problem ?

Talked to a few tranny specific shops today. Im Gona try unplugging the standalone and see how it takes off.

Back