Tranny lines

Stockguy61

Does any company offer braided tranny lines. Would like to use them on my 06 Cummins that I'm putting an extra tranny cooler on and that I deleted the stock heat exchanger. Any help is appreciated.

Made mine with summit nylon braided lined and an fittings, super easy and clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thank you helps a lot didn't know if it had to be special type of tubing

I used Aeroquip line and Earl's AN fittings with a Summit flare tool so I could mount to my OEM hard lines in some areas. Like said above, it's super easy.

You could also do AN compression fittings and braided lines. (I just did barbs)

Don't use Summit AN fittings though. They leak no matter what!

I used Aeroquip line and Earl's AN fittings with a Summit flare tool so I could mount to my OEM hard lines in some areas. Like said above, it's super easy.

You could also do AN compression fittings and braided lines. (I just did barbs)

Don't use Summit AN fittings though. They leak no matter what!

Been using summit fittings and line for over a year with zero problems

Ok thank you helps a lot didn't know if it had to be special type of tubing

All they are is jic on the heat exchanger also known as AN. The fittings on your trans will be swapped out with npt to an adaptors, I used 1/4npt to -8 but I also deleted the hear exchanger and factory cooler obviously if you are using a factory cooler you will need compression fittings but if I was you I'd spend a little extra cas and get an aftermarket one. I prefer derale but to each his own
40ba08b03365ee8cda0226b9e56dffc4.jpg

Been using summit fittings and line for over a year with zero problems

Nothing against Summit (I buy from them all the time), and I'm glad your work, but mine didn't and a lot of people agree they have tolerance issues. If you type into google "summit AN fittings", the first thing that pops up is 'Leaking'.

Clean setup btw. Any picture of your mounting? And you're not running any coolers except for this? What do your temps look like?

Nothing against Summit (I buy from them all the time), and I'm glad your work, but mine didn't and a lot of people agree they have tolerance issues. If you type into google "summit AN fittings", the first thing that pops up is 'Leaking'.

Clean setup btw. Any picture of your mounting? And you're not running any coolers except for this? What do your temps look like?

If there are issues with leaking send them back I guarantee summit doesn't make there fittings they just have a name put on them. Honestly there's too much room for operator error when it comes to putting these things together. I've used them for my trans lines and oils drain lines and haven't leaked a single drop. Guess I just know how to put them together. As far as the mounting I used 2 pieces of flat bar and bent them into a V using a torch and vise then drilled holes to mount the cooler to and mounted to the frame. I did it this way because I didn't like the thought of my cooler being over the exhaust or taking up bed space. My temps are pretty good with the fan on I think it's usually around 175-185, I have a friend that has a built trans and his runs at 195-200 all the time with the stock system

If there are issues with leaking send them back I guarantee summit doesn't make there fittings they just have a name put on them. Honestly there's too much room for operator error when it comes to putting these things together. I've used them for my trans lines and oils drain lines and haven't leaked a single drop. Guess I just know how to put them together. As far as the mounting I used 2 pieces of flat bar and bent them into a V using a torch and vise then drilled holes to mount the cooler to and mounted to the frame. I did it this way because I didn't like the thought of my cooler being over the exhaust or taking up bed space. My temps are pretty good with the fan on I think it's usually around 175-185, I have a friend that has a built trans and his runs at 195-200 all the time with the stock system

Especially with a barb fitting, there's not much room for operator error, but I don't really care to get into a debate about threading AN fittings, so lets just agree to disagree on this one.

I've been thinking about tossing a stock oil-water cooler back on to combat my temps. I see just below 200F as well with my built trans. Even with the lower stall converter. I use the bed too much to toss anything in there, so I've just got an oversized front one, but possibly pairing it up with a Derale or BD unit like this would solve the issues.

I used the yellow push-loc hose for my tranny lines and used AN fittings, to a 6.0 power stroke tranny cooler on my half ton, works great!

I used the yellow push-loc hose for my tranny lines and used AN fittings, to a 6.0 power stroke tranny cooler on my half ton, works great!

That's not a bad idea. Those suckers are huge. We used one for a PS cooler on an off road rig and never had an issue again!

Ok I'm going to keep the stock one and also ad a derale or something similar. I plan on using -8an hose and fittings. Will having a -6an secondary cooler give
me any issues?

I kept the stock heat exchange. Everything I read said it was the most efficient for cooling. Put AN fittings in the tranny case, heat exchange already had them, brazed AN filltings on the inlet/outlet of the stock cooler. Mounted a BD double stack under the bed. 200° was normal when towing in the summer. Since adding the BD haven't seen over 180 not using the fan. Friend works for Goodridge and made all my lines custom with compression sleeves.

And I have a ford 31 row trans cooler if any one is interested. Couldn't figure anything out for mounting it in the front stock location on a cr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Especially with a barb fitting, there's not much room for operator error, but I don't really care to get into a debate about threading AN fittings, so lets just agree to disagree on this one.

I've been thinking about tossing a stock oil-water cooler back on to combat my temps. I see just below 200F as well with my built trans. Even with the lower stall converter. I use the bed too much to toss anything in there, so I've just got an oversized front one, but possibly pairing it up with a Derale or BD unit like this would solve the issues.

I was t talking about the push loc fittings I have only used the other kind that I guess you could say is more of a compression fitting for the hose, check out the specs on the derale cooler it's a lot higher can the bd and much cheaper

I've used summit fittings and summit -8 SS Braided flex on two trucks. The swivel fittings show an oily film at the swivel joint, but that's all I've seen.

I was t talking about the push loc fittings I have only used the other kind that I guess you could say is more of a compression fitting for the hose, check out the specs on the derale cooler it's a lot higher can the bd and much cheaper

Ah yes. I'd completely agree with you there then. Make sure you've got a clean perpendicular cut on the tube, make sure it's clean, and push all the way in and pull back out.

I worked with air lines and push-to-connects for a while. What a headache trying to get people to install them correctly...

I'll look into the derale! :Cheer:

That's not a bad idea. Those suckers are huge. We used one for a PS cooler on an off road rig and never had an issue again!

Very huge, trans won't hardly ever touch 150, on 100 degree hot lapping it at the track 5 times in a row it may touch 170.

Back