Tranny not Happy

Buck1

Something
Showin off in the truck a little last night, did some pretty hard launches 3 to be exact and 1 burnout. Now it feels like the converter is about 50% locked all the time till it goes to full lock (which you can still feel). It is a BTS, so gonna call Brian and see if he has any ideas on what I did. Still goes forward and such, just does not feel the same. Shifts in 1 and 2 definately are softer than they used to be. Fluid temp was never over 190 degrees. Basically now when you try to powerbrake it, the motor goes to about 1500 rpm and pours smoke cause the Torque converter seems to not slip and won't let the turbo build any boost. Truck used to be a 6 speed, so I am still learning the ways of the auto.

Anyone else have this issue or any ideas. I really would like it to be something easy or maybe just a TQ. Would not think I have been hard enough on it yet, to start having tranny issues. SOP HP I would say is in 450 range.

I can't have anything nice.

yeah just when you think you got reliablility, another problem always arises. story of my life!

Buck1 said:
I can't have anything nice.

I'm gonna tell your wife and kid you said that LOL

Sorry to hear about your tranny, You call Brian yet?

Spoke with Brian yesterday on the phone and all I have to say is, what everybody says about the Brian and the BTS camp is abosolutely true. I thought the days of good, well excellent customer service were over. I have never been happier to be proven wrong. Gave him the ole, I did this to tranny, now it does, I think this is wrong thing. He asked, "Does it does this now?" Turns out pretty sure broke a sprag in the converter. New one was to be shipped out yesterday to be here this week. Motor comes out tomorrow to fix a couple oil leak, retime or swap out cam, and pull converter. All is hopes of having her, dyno/drag ready for Indy.

Muchos Thanks to BTS.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Back