Trans over heating and leaking out front

Robts

Proud Fummins Owner
Allright...My trans is over heating and leaking out of the front. It only has 1000 miles on it. I cant call them cause the holiday. What would cause this. Is the pump shot. Its leaking out the front cover. I have not even beat on it once...not even once. I dont even have a tune on it at all. I been trying to keep it easy on it. It drove fine to TS and back which was 8 hours one way

Any ideas

is there to much fluid in there or is there some foaming issues perhaps. Reg atf mixed with some full synthetic. front cover you mean in between the motor and trans(weep hole)

Im running asmsoil systhetic...didnt mixed it with anything. No foaming issue.

yes between the motor and trans it leaking

What is your cooler setup? Running through the stock Ford cooler I expect. Did you fill it with AFT+4 and make sure that the cooler and lines were flushed out really well? How big a leak are we talking about here, a couple drops, half a quart when you park it or just plain running out?

remember...I drove to TS and back...no problems. I replaced my rocker cover seal and now.....this

allright....Im such an A&&...I forgot I redid the fittings on my oil filter for the trans and swapped the lines. Filters dont flow backwards...
This made the transpump blow through the front seal.

I switched the lines and no leaks no over heading

Its not leaking....or at least not yet or anymore

If you fill the trans to the full line with cool fluid and a deep trans pan when you get the fluid hot it will expand just enough to run from the breather port on the pump also. I had that happen to a friend of mine.

Back