Transfer Case making fluid

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
So...i did a 47re swap on my 95' single cab. I swapped inputs into the transfer case. It now makes fluid quickly. I have since swapped both trans output seal and transfer input shaft seal. There are no leaks between trans and transfer case, but in 90 miles I drained roughly a gallon of fluid out of the t-case from the fill hole. Does anyone have some insight on exactly how to diagnose what is causing this?

My thought would be the head gear isn't the correct one or something of that nature. Any insight on the matter Is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know when I did my 271 swap my input shaft is the correct diameter but is just too short to reach the seal in the output of the trans. Are you using a trans and T case that were originally together? Verify the seal fit tight on the t case input before installing into the trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know when I did my 271 swap my input shaft is the correct diameter but is just too short to reach the seal in the output of the trans. Are you using a trans and T case that were originally together? Verify the seal fit tight on the t case input before installing into the trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the Seal before I installed. I even checked depth to make sure we were protruding the seal... I just dont get it...

If someone has a DLD for a 47re, I would like to try it?

Did the new input have the pocket bearing/cap in it? When I did my auto swap that was over looked and I was draining several extra quarts of at out of the transfer case to.
69aff209dcd54d49b587a29fb09d185f.jpg
5a964102757437d7d75e2a0440d14549.jpg

Did the new input have the pocket bearing/cap in it? When I did my auto swap that was over looked and I was draining several extra quarts of at out of the transfer case to.
69aff209dcd54d49b587a29fb09d185f.jpg
5a964102757437d7d75e2a0440d14549.jpg
I didn't replace it I don't think. So, you are saying I need to replace that bearing?

I didn't replace it I don't think. So, you are saying I need to replace that bearing?

That one goes inside the housing or inside the input itself?

That one goes inside the housing or inside the input itself?

The input shaft itself on the transfer case. I had to swap mine over when upgrading input shaft on t-case.

The input shaft itself on the transfer case. I had to swap mine over when upgrading input shaft on t-case.

Hmmm.. I bet that is it... Do you know the part number needed? or exactly what it is called from transtar?

I found the rebuild kit box at my shop and 2 bearings like that are in the box. Lol

I never would have known that stupid bearing was in there. Thanks yall for all the help! I'll get it out this weekend hopefully.

No problem. I chased it for a week before I figured out what it was lol. It's one of those lesson learned things haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

No problem. I chased it for a week before I figured out what it was lol. It's one of those lesson learned things haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Lol. Yeah. I don't drive this truck daily. So it's been going on a while.

Back