transmission........done

srt6

sittin on the side line
went to the track gonna see what it would do with the the extra hp, well transmission took a crap and won't shift to 2nd under power even just getting up to speed under light throttle i have to let off let it shift to 2nd then once in 2nd it shifts out fine

Once it shifts is everything fine? Does it slip?

Isnt this something that could happen when a governor solenoid goes out?

You know Chris does transmissions too!

sounds kinda like what happened to mine when I was drag racing one time. the spot weld on the front band broke and the anchor was being driven between the band and the plate that was welded to it.

Once it shifts is everything fine? Does it slip?

Isnt this something that could happen when a governor solenoid goes out?

You know Chris does transmissions too!

Can you slip it in every gear?

it just wraps up in 1st until i let off then it shifts out just fine driving and wot

yeah i know chris does transmissions its still under warranty though

Are you sure it's actually going into 2nd or is it skipping it and going 1-3? Got me thinking possibly 2nd gear apply lever..

i think it is going to 3rd, i tried to get it to shift manuly to 2nd and nothing then put it in drive let off and it shifts

Drop the pan and see if you find any parts laying in there, I bet you'll find two halves of a lever if you're using the stock 5:1 with a cranked up VB and drag racing..

throttle valve motor? dads truck has done this before and it was a striped gear inside the motor

they checked it out today and said a band was loose

Glad it was a simple fix...

Question is....is the band worn down causing it to be loose, or was the nut not tightened down properly when it was last adjusted??

Glad it was a simple fix...

Question is....is the band worn down causing it to be loose, or was the nut not tightened down properly when it was last adjusted??

he said the band wasn't worn & the fluid didn't smell burnt and that the nut just backed off, i'm gonna leave it with them while i'm out of town so they can drive it and make sure its right

Easy days, sounds like your jamnut worked its way loose somehow on the side of the case?

come to find out it wasn't just the band, krazeeun you hit it on the head with the lever, now they got it apart and noticed the billet imput is twisted a little, i've seen where a couple guys have run them even though they're twisted a little, so what do ya'll think run it or replace it

If it is apart, I would replace it. Especially if your paying someone labor to do the removal.

warranty is covering the labor but if i want a new shaft i gotta pay for it, whats the difference in the sonax billet and the opie billet

Back