Transmission heat exchanger delete.

Two remote fan cooled stacked coolers and I needed to have them on all the time with the Heat exchanger removed! Before it never got above 160 without the fans on!
I forgot to mention that I also removed the front factory cooler at the same time! I have since put it back on also!

An improperly set up valve body will make it run hot as well.

On my 2nd gen im running just the stock oem front air cooler and I haven't had heat issue yet. I haven't towed but I have 3.55 gears and 37" tires at the moment. I run around locked most of the time so I'm sure that helps. I've seen about 155-160° idling through the pasture. Also I did a couple boosted launches back to back and it brought the temp up quick from like 100 to 160. But it's also been very mild outside temps right now too.

I do have a 31 row ford trans cooler off a 6.0 that I am going to install soon.

My temp sensor is in the pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How many have actually had a heat exchanger fail, particularly on a cr?

Mine failed and that's why I removed it (not CR, 12V - 97). It didn't mix coolant and trans fluid, but it started leaking trans fluid around where the bung is welded. It's got rust there and I have thought about trying to fix it, but I think I'd rather do something else.

My trans lines are Aeroquip soft lines so I can put it anywhere. I might find another one to toss on. I had to butcher my bracket though since two of the mounting bolts stripped... Just a ****ty area on the truck, and I like the extra room for exhaust now.

I was told not to run a constant pressure on a tow vehicle. Might be part of your heat problem?

I've only herd of literally a handful of Failures on a CR,There about as common of a failure as a Oil cooler.

Back