Transmission line size question...

Cummins Driver

THE Cummins Driver
Hey guys, Im fixing to put another set of lines on my truck, maybe today. I was wondering what size hose fits over the stock transmission lines? I was going to pick up a few feet of it at Napa so that if anything needed to be spliced together(maybe the cooler lines running to the front to get rid of the fittings) i would have what I needed. Transmission fluid is getting expensive! Thanks

Eric

That is correct.

Do not restrict flow, the cooler circuit lubes the back half of the tranny.

When I have repaired/modified stock cooler lines in the past I've used a compression fitting to go to a hose barb or AN fitting (depending on the situation). Then you will have a more secure transition that also shouldn't leak as easily as it might if you just slip hose over the tube and clamp it down.

Thanks for the info, and letting me know that is the right size.

I hope to not really have to do any modifying, but I just wanted to have some hose handy in case I needed it, so I picked up 3ft of it. Hopefully it goes smooth. Its been leaking bad for a while now because of the junk quick connect fittings, and i finally got room in the shop to get it in there and put the new style lines on it. Thanks

Eric

Back