Tried new tires and liked it!!

JohhnyFoxtrot

need a trailer
Here is the open class from saturday at New Baden, Il. Not many trucks and the last duramax that went had twins on it also I was told and broke his something in the front. I had been running 35" BFG AT's and switched to a 33x15.50 MTZ on 10" wheels. Seemed to add some extra traction never seen my truck kind of tweaked in the middle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWv8_G5JqZ8

nice, i take it you were the first pull. i have those mtz (315/70/17) on my truck but haven't pulled. they work good in snow too. i've got over 50k on mine with still good tread left.

Looks pretty good doug. Jeffs truck didnt seem to run quite right did it? Did you get me those details for butler?

I have thought about going to a 33 -15 tire also. The mtz looks likea good choice.

Be careful with turning it I ripped part of my fender flare off both days I had them on. No sharp turns at all.

Actually I was happy with my hook, i run a stick now and it was definatly an auto track. It was so slick out of the hole the sled guy had the sled in gear and the front tires on the sled were left down till we got out of the hole. We had a great track that night till the rain came. Then it turned into a mess. And then we had a mud bog at a truck pull. That was the 3rd hook on the truck since the tranny swap. Cant win them all, im gonna try the smary back on 9 instead of 5. Dougs truck was haulin the mail w/ them big tires!

Last edited:
good hook. I love the wide tires, makes it look more like a mod truck. When are chevy/gmc guys going to learn to address the front end before they try to pull. There's nothing worse than seeing a great looking truck snow plow with the front tires all the way down the track until they break something.

Hey Doug, how do you like those tires now?

Sorry, i couldnt resist. LOL All that torque being applied through those meaty bastards along with that track was hard on a few trucks last night. A whole bunch of the gassers were hauled off to in that 7500lb mod class.

Tim

He can't say I didn't warn him neither. HAHaHAHa. Last year I went thru 2 front drive shafts, a transfercase,rear drive shaft,front locker,rear locker. But on a loose or rel dry or slick track you can't beat them. I still say that Jeff has the right idea with the Fun Country's on his instead of the MTZ's

Back