Trouble getting down the track..Any input?

03f3507.3

Ok im sick of having this trouble with my truck Ive finally got it going down the track but cant seem figure out what im doing wrong getting under the charger. The motor is a 04 common rail with 48re stall is 2200 but seems to take off best at 2600, 4.10 gears, 33inch tires...Ive been taking off in 2nd around 20psi which im told should shift 1-2 then been going to 3rd manually. I did this the other night and it seemed I took off in straight 2nd shifting manually into 3rd then locking the converter thinking I was locking it in 2nd at the time but was actually 3rd.

-After watching the vid it seems the truck shifting 1-2 but it was so fast I guess at the time I missed it?

-The truck was moving good till about the 250 mark then it decided to roll the last 35ft. My question is did I unlock the convertor too late and get under the stall?

-Or does it seem like my 3rd gear clutches are just shot and slipping that bad at the end of the track?

-And if im guessing i missed the 1-2shift and chance to lock in 2nd it probably hurt me?

smarty tnt-r was on High RPM, Shift Limit off, Timing 3, RP 1 level 7 DR. P Race was about 30%

Thanks in Advance Tyler

I'm no expert... By any means...

But my first assumption is theres something wrong with the trans....

Looked to me like it was just slipping the last 25 or 50 feet... And the fact that you didn't spin out OR completely fall off RPM wise helps me make that assumption as well.

Some others who are a whole lot smarter than me will step in though...

I was seeing the same thing too. RPMs were good at the end, and at the down shift at the last few feet, RPMs were good but the tires were not spinning at all!!!

The coverter is way to loose or junk.
Dont unlock the converter at the end just down shift back to second.

Those are some big ass tires, if you dont have the power to spin them you are gonna run into this problem.

Im running 3.73 gears and cant hear the 1-2 shift, and im in 3rd before the 75' mark, coverter locked right after. Watching the RPMs down the track I will down shift about 2-300 RPM before the turbo will snuff.

Back