Trouble reading trans dipstick

Rossler is a big Pro Mod tranny builder, they mostly build the 400 tranny like I use. Go to thier site and to the left of the page click on -Rosslers tips- then -tranny fluid info-. He wants 10w20 or 10w30 hydro fluid used in his trannys that make 1500hp or more wich would be equal to the torque of say a 700+hp diesel application. JD is the favorite with most of those guys and what I will be using. Ryan

What are some of the other pro street & fast guys running in their trucks? Darren,stuckey,csi,ts & others? wonder if they have ran into this issue yet?

Maybe but Ive found it to be a trans brake deal only at least in the black truck. TS guys now run a clutch, the heat to clear the fluid is not built from slipping clutches down track, its from extreme loading of the convertor. Most others also run a lot losser convertor than I do, this may account for some of this also.

Wal-Mart Brand.

Ha, I was at wally world today and thought to look at thier house brand fluid and yep it meets JD spec's. Im going to price it at deere first though.....JD is sometimes reasonable on thier stuff its Case that's high as hell on everything.

It would be cool to find a dye thats safe to add to it, do 5 gallons at a time, dye it red or blue...?

Back