Truck Build - DD, Tow Rig and play!

You should be proud of that truck. Alot of time and effort. I hope you are writing down what parts go where, I could just see you at an auto parts store getting parts,haha. The sales guy would hate you. Keep the pics coming, that thing is a beast.

one day i will have mad fab skills and i can build whatever i want! haha

If you went to a school to learn this where did you go?

On your new air intake what about water? Not saying your going to go into a river or anything but if someone hits a puddle infront of u its going straight into that hole.

:drool1: This build is awesome man, this is going to be one of the stoutest pickup tow rigs I have ever seen. The machine and fab work is excellent!

You should be proud of that truck. Alot of time and effort. I hope you are writing down what parts go where, I could just see you at an auto parts store getting parts,haha. The sales guy would hate you. Keep the pics coming, that thing is a beast.

You are the man for sure, sweet work I wish I had your skills:Cheer:

nice fab work, your truck is coming out great!

Dude, your truck is fookin awesome. Fab work is top notch. Keep it up.

Thanks for all the complements guys! :thankyou2: you guys rock!

one day i will have mad fab skills and i can build whatever i want! haha

If you went to a school to learn this where did you go?

thanks man, took some machining and auto shop classes in high school, then diesel at the Davis applied tech college. but mainly just doin it. my buddies and i have been building jeeps and rock crawlers for the last 12 years and have learned a lot doin that.

On your new air intake what about water? Not saying your going to go into a river or anything but if someone hits a puddle infront of u its going straight into that hole.

the hole does not go right in to the turbo, just in to the engine compartment right below the air filter. i'm thinking about building a box around the air filter with a hole in the bottom that hooks to the hole in the bumper but even if i did that i still dont think that any watter would make it in the hole and up in to the air box and then up in to the air filter. and i guess if it does it would be my cheap water injection! LOL

so i havent done a lot of work on the front axle latley. done some mesuring and stuff. trying to figure how wide to make everything. but i did get another truck on my days off. :rockwoot: i mean it was such a sweet deal that out of shear principal i just had to get it! its a '97 12v auto. think i'm going to pull all the parts i need to p-pump my truck and prolly some other odds and ends then part out the rest. :rockwoot:
97cummins001.jpg

97cummins002.jpg

97cummins005.jpg

97cummins003.jpg

awesome, you've got some amazing skills, now i've got a question, are these machines at work or in your own shop at home? it's great to have access to those machines

awesome, you've got some amazing skills, now i've got a question, are these machines at work or in your own shop at home? it's great to have access to those machines

Thanks man, most are at my friends shop.

I am blown away by all that work. Awesome job!

thanks!

Bump any work on it lately?

:doh: not as much as i would have liked, but a few things. thanks for the bump, i'll get some updates and pics posted up.

so this is how my truck is sitting right now. a broken axle u-joint, its been goin for a while, i've just been lazy about changin it. prolly because i'm workin on building a new front axle for it and dont want to put money in to the old one. and then last week i sold the ats intake off if it. a friend wanted to buy it and i'm planin on p-pump like next month, and i just havent put the stock one back on.

truck004.jpg

truck006.jpg

i'm going to try to pick up where i left off last which i think is the battery tray. I moved my passenger side battery to the back of the engine compartment and put my air filter in the front. i still havent built a box around my air cleaner to get air just from the bumper hole but that might be changing anyways. i built the tray out of stainless steel and then welded it in to my fender well. i cut the fender well so the tray would sit a little lower in there. maybe like 2" lower. i just wanted to keep it as far from my hood as i can. with the tray welded in i can still get all the turbos and piping out no prob with out even pullin the battery. I was a little worried about that when i got it done. made some longer cables and its worked out pretty well. i still want to pull the whole fender off some time and weld the whole tray in. right now its only welded where i could get it from the top.

new air intake tube made
camra4-14040.jpg

this is the cut in the wheel well, the battery tray sits in there like a little shelf and drops it about 2".
camra4-14075.jpg

test fit of the battery
camra4-14073.jpg

camra4-14072.jpg

set in tray and weld
camra4-14077.jpg

6 months later still holding up
truck007.jpg

so i did some turbo swapin also. my h1c and hx35, which ever one i was running, were both getting pretty tired. went in to High Tech Turbo to get a rebuild kit and ended up changin the 35 to a 35/40. HTT did and awesome job. the turbo looked amazing and they really know what they are talkin about. it made a pretty big difference as well. spools really nice. so right now i'm running a HX35/40 and a BHT3B.

8-12-10camra177.jpg

8-12-10camra179.jpg

8-12-10camra183.jpg

Back