truck died

jacket106

diesel freak
Hey guys, I was working on the truck today replacing the clutch. Well I finally got that done and was driving to the car wash to clean up the mess and it just died. It's a 95. I checked the shutdown selenoid and it looks like it is working just fine. So then I pulled the test plug on top of the fuel filter and turn the truck over. Nothing came out! I mean nothing. So then I primed the pump by hand and still nothing. That's seems pretty cut and dry lift pump failure to me . what do you guys think, and thanks in advance for the wisdom.

What's your fuel pressure gauges say?

Check your fuel lines, make sure you didn't damage any while you were working on it.

I'll bet you ran out of fuel. The hand primer and lift pump use separate plungers to move the fuel, although the hand primer does pull fuel through the main lift pump plungers.

If you're not getting anything, I'd check and see if you have any fuel in the tank.

Thanks for the replies guys. I should have around a half a tank of fuel, at least by the tripometer that is. I looked at all the fuel lines from the front of the tank to the pump and the filter and they seem to be fine. I agree though that I should be able to get at least some fuel from the bleeder bolt on top of the filter while cranking or priming but none the less that's what I'm getting. I haven't checked the pressure on it because the bleeder is where i check pressure from. It's messing with me to say the least. The truck does have 273K on it though. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Random question but is there a check ball or something in the banjo fitting with the bleeder that doesn't allow fuel to just squirt all over the place unless something is screwed in to it?

Back