Truck is finished and running!

cliff-1972

Well,it has been running for over a month now.I have a little over 2K on it right now with no major issues.Mo Smoke set me up with a great trans tune.It has a slight haze at idle with the DDP comp injectors.I am not sure if these injectors are to much for my combo as of yet.They do fine under normal driving,mileage sucks though 14.75MPG.It has about 10 psi boost @ 60 mph and 18 psi @ 70 mph.I haven't done a max boost test yet but at 90 mph it is only 30 psi.The egt's at 70mph are 600 degrees on flat road.I haven't tow with it yet,but pulled a Chevy Z71 out of a ditch in 2wd at idle:evil.got to love the torque of a Cummins.Here is a build sheet of what I did for those who don't know my build.

1998 12V 180hp with 116k on motor.I checked clearances and all was right on money.
ported and polished 97 12V head with Ti locks and retainers,60lbs springs and o-ringed
ARP head studs
Max spool 2.5 cam and push rods with 24V tappets.Installed 98 degrees.
Cummins bed plate on bottom end
Adjustable injection pump gear from Eatsoot
180 hp pump benched by Brad Ponci with 5K,042 and 500cc.timing 22 degrees
DDP comp injectors.I used stock injector lines and DV holders.
Fluidamper.
Compounds by GOS and me.HE351CW over S475.ATS manifold
4" S.S. DP to 4 1/2" S.S. exhaust w/a Borala muffler
Air Dog 165. dual-8AN feed and -6AN return
Banks 6.0 intercooler
Full billet E4OD/4R100 trans w/a Precision converter from Garmon's.
PCS controller tuned by Mo Smoke

All this installed in a 96 F250 reg cab 4X4 "X" PSD with 4.10 gears.I used Autoworld dual engine mounts and acc. brackets.

It took me over three years to finish this project,but in the end well worth it.

Also,thanks to everybody who helped with parts selection and advice.

:nopics:

Congrats man!! Glad you got it running and are happy with it!!

I have not master the pic posting yet.They always come up to small after I re-size them to fit.Thanks I am really happy just need to dyno it now.

should be the same deal. You should have a image link just copy and paste in the reply box.

Why did you weld the cam gear on? Didnt it come with a bolt? And where did the engine stand come from I need one like that. Oh very nice!!

Congrats on getting it going.

When you're looking at the photo in webshots, click on the icon at the bottom that says "copy the code to post this in a forum."

Then to change the size, there's tabs on the top.. click on the "600" so it's bigger, then copy/paste the "post in a forum" link.

Example...

Yes,I did weld the cam gear with some tacks.I would have had to cut a hole i the front cover and weld on a freeze plug for the bolt to have room.This would have interfered with the belt system.

The engine stand came from Summit.It is 2K rated.

Thanks on the photo linking.I need to take more pics of the finished job also.

Back