truck is smoking

DieselFanatic87

Hey guys I tried looking for info but no luck. Anyways my friend has a 2006 dodge 2500 2wd CR reg cab manual trans well he has a problem with the truck smoking really bad out of the crank case tube and when the oil cap is off. Its a grey smoke like oil buning. Its runs fine no noises. When it starts its fine and clear then after about 15 mins or so its starts to smoke and progressivly gets worse. when he takes the oil cap off it looks like a steam train leaving the station. Has anybody had this problem and know what it is please help dont want to hurt the motor if it hasnt already. Anything would be a help.

Just go buy a good running engine or long block and stick back in it. Or rebuild it with aftermarket components.

You sir have worn rings and or holes in pistons and scored cylender walls. Hopefully not all three. But you need to do a compression check and injector test first.

bloooooow by. as said above, make sure ya check injectors before you re use them. Is the truck also making oil? filling the crank with fuel while it runs?

not sure about the making oil thing. havent checked that. so what would be my best bet to get a good used motor or just rebuild this one?

If you wanna skimp just buy a used engine. Call these guts in kaufman, tx for a rebuilt long block exchange. AroUnd 5,000$. (903) 603-8974

All stock tho. You can order with head studs (recommended highly), stuffer valve springs, 12v rods etc etc but that adds to the cost ofcourse

Making oil test. Remover dip stick. Let it drop in a paper towel. If it spreads to a lighter ring around the original drop then diesel is present in oil

Or if you drain 5 gallons out of the crankcase like mine did...you're making oil.

or if your truck tries to undercoat itself like mine did, you're making oil.

nah, mine just ate an injector, went though a quarter tank of fuel in 12 miles......

Back