Truck Pull: Tuckahoe Steam and Gas

oldschoolPSD

My Trucks are Obsolete
May 26th guys:rockwoot:

There will be a pure stock 8000lb (no chips or programmers)

8000lb street stock (stock turbo, no water)

and a 8200lb Modified (twins and water ok)

A.A. County Antique Pullers is providing the sled (its a good sized one) and as most probably know Tuckahoe has one of the best tracks around (ask any NTPA puller) Me and couple guys made a few shakedown runs last night after the antique pull, the track hooks up good enough to bog down every truck we ran so you 500+ hp guys should put on a great show.

If anyone wants a full set of the rules shoot me an email at Adambeck.tate@yahoo.com and I'll fax you a set.:rules:

So if you have a truck that runs the 8000 pound class and meets all the rules for that and wants to run the 8200 class also, do they also need the driveshaft loop and shrouded u-joints, SFI stuff, shut off switch and so on? Or can you not run in both classes?

it would depends on the tech crew that day, i do not know how strict these guys are.

but anyway to answer your questions, if you want to run in the 8200 class then im going to say yes you need the safety equipment, its there for a reason.

I'll be there, hopefully my tranny will be done by then so I can pull.

getblown5.9 said:
it would depends on the tech crew that day, i do not know how strict these guys are.

but anyway to answer your questions, if you want to run in the 8200 class then im going to say yes you need the safety equipment, its there for a reason.

Oh I agree with the safety, especially with more power, but since I will still be at a lower power (nothing more than programmer and exhaust) was just curious. I know a couple of us were talking about trying to run 2 classes just for fun. :ft:

Our insurance guys are pretty hard nosed on the safety stuff. But I would imagine if you tech in for the 8000lb they would let you full 8200lb as well. I can't really speak for the organizers, but I would say you're probably good. The pro-street safety rules are geared more towards the hardcore pulling trucks.

One thing i know they will not budge on is the fire extinguisher in the cab. The insurance company is adament about this, and Tuckahoe is not going to jepordize their insurance for a small time truck pull.

guess i gotta buy a fire extinguisher to go with my fuel and air shut offs :(

i have no problem with street class guys running the pro street class without safety equipment if they stay at the same power level, but if you are one of the guys who runs nitrous and hooks it back up to run in the bigger class or something then i think you should follow the same rules as the rest of the class.

The rules are basically copied from the ITTPA '07 rules. I can't say what they will allow and what they won't, but I can say that the rules on paper are probably a lot stricter than the tech guys will be on pulling day.

Thats all I'll say about it.

I totally agree, for meeting the safety for the power level, if nitrous or something was added. Although there is no nitrous allowed in the 8200 class anyway.

Thanks for the responces, guess I will find out when I get there

So what exactly do you need for saftey equipment to fun the 8200lb class?

Whatever the rules say... namely fire extinguisher, driveshaft loop, u joint shields, and a intake shut off.

I don't know how strict the judges are going to be on this stuff

i didnt see any rules for pure stock, can you at least have exhaust or no? How will you know if someone has at least small hp programmer?

Stock exhaust or stock-sized replacement

No programmers, chips, or plates

Intake must be stock w/ airbox

no gauges

I don't make the rules guys...

Like I said, I can't really say how strict these rules will be enforced. The only thing I know for sure is the fire extinguisher thing. I've got to beg/borrow/steal one for myself.

Back