Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Someone took a big red steaming chit on the shop floor.
ee0ff65c0c6e47077afba49f89c808ba.jpg

Picked up a brand new truck at work (KW T370). It has alcoa aluminum wheels all the way around. What is the best polish/wax/product to protect the wheels and keep them looking as new as possible?

Should I use the same product on the steps, visor, fuel tank etc?

Thank you

I have almost a full case of alumaclear I’ll sell you cheap. Makes your polished aluminum look like a fine shade of azz. Takes 5 times longer to take off than it does to go on. The wrap they do on tanks and dump trailers works but the spray looks like crap. Works about like a spray tan.

I have almost a full case of alumaclear I’ll sell you cheap. Makes your polished aluminum look like a fine shade of azz. Takes 5 times longer to take off than it does to go on. The wrap they do on tanks and dump trailers works but the spray looks like crap. Works about like a spray tan.

LOL Good to know. If we decide we are looking for the fine shade of azz, I’ll contact you.

LOL Good to know. If we decide we are looking for the fine shade of azz, I’ll contact you.

I had high hopes that’s why I got like 12 cans. Took gallons of mineral spirits to get it off. Had to burn the rest off with a polisher. Or course I did 7 axles on the truck/trailer, steps tanks and even pickup wheels. Tanks didn’t turn out as bad as the wheels, pickup wheels were the worst.

The ceramic I saw first hand before I bought it. 2 airplanes that were mirror polished 3 years ago but only one got ceramic coated. The one that wasn’t was turning yellow with tarnish. Finger prints wiped off with a rag. Bought one kit from the link above and barely took 1/2 of it doing the same amount of aluminum.

I had high hopes that’s why I got like 12 cans. Took gallons of mineral spirits to get it off. Had to burn the rest off with a polisher. Or course I did 7 axles on the truck/trailer, steps tanks and even pickup wheels. Tanks didn’t turn out as bad as the wheels, pickup wheels were the worst.

The ceramic I saw first hand before I bought it. 2 airplanes that were mirror polished 3 years ago but only one got ceramic coated. The one that wasn’t was turning yellow with tarnish. Finger prints wiped off with a rag. Bought one kit from the link above and barely took 1/2 of it doing the same amount of aluminum.

Well that sucks. Looking around online it seems to be a decent product and not terribly priced, but obviously didn't work very well for you. I noticed La-Lyn (semi local to me) in some of their advertising videos, but they are probably running the wrap I would assume.

Well that sucks. Looking around online it seems to be a decent product and not terribly priced, but obviously didn't work very well for you. I noticed La-Lyn (semi local to me) in some of their advertising videos, but they are probably running the wrap I would assume.

Yes they have the wrap. If you want to try the spray go ahead, I just wouldn’t expect a mirror finish. The ceramic you can’t tell is there.

Back