Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Converted my truck to Bendix disks when I bought it. Work great and simple.

Just replaced the guide pins on 2 of my caliper a and one rotor because I was t watching close enough.

I don’t have front discs, just the drives. But I like how simple it is. Parts are expensive but they last longer. Up here it seems drums need to be replaced when doing shows because of gravel and dirt. Where as disc it’s only been pads so far. And no freezing brakes in the winter.

Caliper weight about the same as the shoes. I'm gonna say the rotor is a tic lighter than a drum.

My experience now consists of two: one the driver drove through the park brake, and one that the cap was left off the adjuster and it seized.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Caliper weight about the same as the shoes. I'm gonna say the rotor is a tic lighter than a drum.

My experience now consists of two: one the driver drove through the park brake, and one that the cap was left off the adjuster and it seized.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Rotors are a PITA to replace but should last the life of most first owners. I’ve had one seize up so I just replaced it. What I like is it takes longer to pull the wheels off as it does to drop new pads in.

Just replaced the guide pins on 2 of my caliper a and one rotor because I was t watching close enough.

I don’t have front discs, just the drives. But I like how simple it is. Parts are expensive but they last longer. Up here it seems drums need to be replaced when doing shows because of gravel and dirt. Where as disc it’s only been pads so far. And no freezing brakes in the winter.

Lack of dust shields accelerates pad and drum wear tremendously.

Rotors are a PITA to replace but should last the life of most first owners. I’ve had one seize up so I just replaced it. What I like is it takes longer to pull the wheels off as it does to drop new pads in.

Yes and also not using a bunch of grease or dealing with worn cam bushings and seized on slacks. Weight savings also depends on drums. I run cast so I save there for sure.
A rotor is much lighter than a steel drum.

And ya rotors are a pain to change but easier than a s cam.
Lack of dust shields accelerates pad and drum wear tremendously.

Yes... but can stop them all lol lots of our running is gravel and that don’t help.

Makes them a PITA to get thawed out in the winter though. But it makes the DOT work that much harder so it’s a plus.

I haven’t had to thaw one yet. Can usually get them broke free with a solid bar between rom holes and against drum.

I also have the supply gladhand ball valve. In winter I’ll close it before I release trailer air and it will hold brakes off.

Last edited:
Yes and also not using a bunch of grease or dealing with worn cam bushings and seized on slacks. Weight savings also depends on drums. I run cast so I save there for sure.
A rotor is much lighter than a steel drum.

And ya rotors are a pain to change but easier than a s cam.

Yes... but can stop them all lol lots of our running is gravel and that don’t help.

I haven’t had to thaw one yet. Can usually get them broke free with a solid bar between rom holes and against drum.

I also have the supply gladhand ball valve. In winter I’ll close it before I release trailer air and it will hold brakes off.

Yea whenever any of ours run in the rain/snow they just block the wheels in the barn and leave the brakes off. Hoping they cool and freeze before the parking brakes set. Not an issue with disk

I have a lot more issues with trailers freezing to the ground than the brakes freezing. I make sure the dust covers are always in good shape and dont heat up my brakes before parking.

Look a flock of European douche nozzles in their natural environment.
931429afac13c872e88f9ecfc995e4bf.jpg

Can just smell the horsepowers.

I have a Garmin 55. I wanted one that I could turn off the audio (why you would want it to record that I have no idea) and I wanted to turn off GPS and speed. Don’t kid yourself if you don’t think being 5mph over the limit won’t bite your azz in a court room even if your not at fault.

Back