Truckers, lets see your rigs!

ujytu3aq.jpg

Where's the fuel pressure spring in this MF'er?

Fuel pressure spring is in the transfer pump sticking out the front of the gear case toward the radiator, it's not in that filter head. Has a small allen head plug, most likely pointing down toward the left steer tire.

Alright so first day in the truck and on the job. I nearly chit myself within the first 10 minutes of being there. I hear we have another black Pete leased on and such... Never seen it... Then I hear oh look Justin is here. Turn around and this is pulling in. My jaw dropped, I have a thing for 359's.
uqa9e5y7.jpg

And this was my view for most of the day. Just called it a night.
8uquhe7e.jpg

actually kinda glad i drove in instead of back down... i have no tow hooks in the front... 1/2 way unloading the drill pipe is rain for 30 minute,s hard enough you couldnt see the tree line behind the ford... they yanked me out backwards with a trackhoe JD 200c
970811_10201122300913217_928827813_n.jpg

Alright so first day in the truck and on the job. I nearly chit myself within the first 10 minutes of being there. I hear we have another black Pete leased on and such... Never seen it... Then I hear oh look Justin is here. Turn around and this is pulling in. My jaw dropped, I have a thing for 359's.
uqa9e5y7.jpg

And this was my view for most of the day. Just called it a night.
8uquhe7e.jpg

Not sure why but something about that truck isn't right. Think maybe the rear fenders need body matched.

I can't wait to be driving. I've got my physical so I can drive farm trucks which I'll be doing in harvest. I want to be able to tell if this is actually something I want to put my time and money into to do as a career

Trucks a work in progress... That was my two biggest gripes. Cab lights and a good polish. He said when he got the truck it was a ragged turd. He's been working on it for about two years I think is what he said. There for being a work in progress and such I give him two thumbs up but it is still very awesome the way it is. I think any way.

I can stand no horns up top and I actually kinda like it, but a truck was meant to have big cab lights. It's in the bible some where I believe.

I can't wait to be driving. I've got my physical so I can drive farm trucks which I'll be doing in harvest. I want to be able to tell if this is actually something I want to put my time and money into to do as a career

As some one that is young and looking into it obviously... You'll hear more times than not to run as far as you can. It's discouraging as all get out when you think that's what you wanna do. However, you'll find the guys that actually like trucks and like running them and it kinda turns things around. They make it actually seem worth while. Believe me, I've talked to a million people on this subject. I get told I'm dumb and to find something else and I get told it just takes time and work.
I do not see any way to get rich but if I like what I'm doing for a living, it's worth a little bit of loss in the bank as long as I can life happy and pay my bills.
Others here may have some more insight as well.

I've had my CDL for six years, I've pulled belt trailers, side dumps, belly dumps, frameless end dumps, tankers, 9 axle lowboys, and currently run hopper doubles OTR, I love trucks and everything about them, there's just something about listening to a 14+ litre engine that stirs the soul, I love the freedom of the road and I love lights and chrome, but I don't want to do it my whole life. I miss being home every night with my wife, and I miss out on a lot of things with friends. But if you're a young single guy there's no better way to travel and get paid for it than in the pilots seat of a large car.

I've been driving for 11 years now and I want out but trucking still pays the bills. IMO follow through with getting a license, you can always find a job driving a truck and it'll usually pay decent. I get job offers weekly from people that don't even know me or my driving history, there's always a driver shortage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

That's my biggest thing. I'm only 21, but even though I'm young, I don't wanna be OTR. I like home to much. I wouldn't mind being home maybe throughout the week as long as I would be home every weekend.

Chevota, what do you run?

OR, WA, ID, NV and northern CA in the winter, I'm usually home on the weekends. Right now I'm in No Dak.

OR, WA, ID, NV and northern CA in the winter, I'm usually home on the weekends. Right now I'm in No Dak.

Guess I really needed to word that differently. Lol reefer, flatbed, hopper?

Back