Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Unless you get stopped. :hehe:

Well there is that problem:lolly: I really do try to stay under 84,000. Theres also guys that roll in to the elevator at 95,000 plus and then wonder why the DOT targets grain haulers.

So do you pay the fines or does your company or the person loading you?

Ticket gets wrote to me, then me and boss man will hash things out. However he didn't give me anything but a warning.

Well there is that problem:lolly: I really do try to stay under 84,000. Theres also guys that roll in to the elevator at 95,000 plus and then wonder why the DOT targets grain haulers.

Target grain haulers? Come drive a quad axle dumptruck down here. I'm just glad he caught me on a "light" day.

Target grain haulers? Come drive a quad axle dumptruck down here. I'm just glad he caught me on a "light" day.

They target grain haulers around here because the quarries don't let anyone out over gross.

My "gods gift to truck engines" ACCERT just netted me about 3.5-4 mpg and let me get walked on by every other truck hauling grain. I'm getting real tired of this crap lol. Need to get on the stick and get either my 93 with the B model back on the road or get started on the 74 with a big cam. Don't understand why a truck should need 3 grand worth of tuning to keep up with late 80's trucks with 350 horse engines.

Thats pretty bad, the ACERT i used to drive would get a monthly average of about 4.8 grossing over 105,000 pounds almost continually, with the bullydog tuner on it i could touch 6 running across long, flat I-80 in wyoming.

Around here its the grain haulers and potato haulers that get targeted hardcore.

Last edited:
Oklahoma is cracking down on the quarries and sandlots. It's hard for us to leave over weight. Which that accompanied by their retarded bridge laws, means I make no money at all.

Oklahoma is cracking down on the quarries and sandlots. It's hard for us to leave over weight. Which that accompanied by their retarded bridge laws, means I make no money at all.

And that's why I don't like bulk hauling. I don't even like that I'm over 80k 90% of the time pulling reefer. Most of the time my boss is over 100k coming back from Los Angeles. On only 5 axles. Total retardation IMO. So when I go back to hauling cars now you know why. LoL

Just get better at dodging the DOT. Don't be a puzzy haha

Couldn't really dodge him, he was right there by where I needed to be.

Didn't y'all ever learn how to dodge scales? Lol

I don't go to scales... Ever lol

If that guy would have caught me a couple months ago on that run, I would have probably lost my license. Simply put...

When I pulled hoppers we had the road salt contract for Idaho, at one particular state shed the DOT set up every time they knew there were loads coming, us drivers put a stop to that pretty quick by windrowing 4' wide, 3' tall piles of salt around the rover pickup when they were gone to lunch one day, 5 of us did that which equalled out to about 180 tons of salt blocking in their stupid pickup. Never did see them after that. It was total BS though having them set up right in our unload destination.

Montana and Wyoming were always cool about our salt hauling, I was delivering a hot load of salt to the Cheyenne Wyoming DOT once and was 3000 pounds overweight and got pulled in at the Evanston POE, the Weighmaster said I was overweight and I told him I knew that, then name dropped the district supervisor in Cheyenne and said I was told they needed a 38 ton load of salt because they were out and I was pressed for time, Weighmaster handed my papers back with a smile and told me as long as its for the state, we have nothing to worry about.

OK should crack down on over weight trucks. Our roads and bridges rival the worst in the country. The rest of us pay for them, amigo. ;)

OK should crack down on over weight trucks. Our roads and bridges rival the worst in the country. The rest of us pay for them, amigo. ;)

No... I assure you. Oklahomas bridge laws should assure you have the nicest roads in the nation. However, you have the worst but yet I make no money.
The best place for me to work is Arkansas... I can legally weigh 73,500 lbs on non interstate roads and, they have the nicest roads out of anyone.

Or maybe they should just stop wasting money elsewhere and fix the phucking bridges.

Last edited:
Agreed. The money they spend on downtown OKC could rebuild half the bridges in that state.

Instead, our brilliant governor just declares a state of emergency. I'm not sure of the emergency part.

http://www.news9.com/story/24662887...gency-due-to-lexington-purcell-bridge-closure
We're in the same boat here. The I75/I71 bridge in Cincinnati is a POS and the idiots in charge have been wasting time and money for years and still don't have a replacement built. Wasted millions on "environmental studies" to see what effect a bridge would have on the eco system.........hey jackasses it will probably have the same effect as the one that's already there. :bang We've paid billions in gas taxes and heavy highway use taxes for highway projects but now they want to make people pay tolls to cross the new bridge because they've wasted the money elsewhere. The stupidity is endless.
http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20140302/NEWS01/303020039/Northern-Kentucky-chamber-backs-tolls-replace-Brent-Spence-Bridge

What a surprise, politicians want to issue another tax for a project so they don't have to take away from the money raised from the other taxes.:soap:

Back