Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Ya'll remember my dad's old wrecker that I had and sold to Ernie's? Well, it's made it's debut in black-n-red on facebook today. I can't wait to get up to Chicager, visit Eric (Howling) and Jodi, and go see the old Holmes 600.

Before:

moto_0527.jpg

After:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8369[1].jpg
    IMG_8369[1].jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
Ya'll remember my dad's old wrecker that I had and sold to Ernie's? Well, it's made it's debut in black-n-red on facebook today. I can't wait to get up to Chicager, visit Eric (Howling) and Jodi, and go see the old Holmes 600.

Before:

moto_0527.jpg

After:

attachment.php

Super glad it made it to a home like that.

With that said I'd still like to kick you in the sack for selling it.

Quick question for the cat guru's. I got a bxs crank and a 6nz that needs a crank. I actually have all the parts from the bxs. Block took a dive (corrosion)I have everything else. I've had it sitting for a while tryin to figure out what to do with the good parts. Well last Friday I had a 6nz go down. Lost oil psi. I think the block is still good. But I'm expecting crank damage. Is it worth tryin to make 1 out of the 2? Just curious on anyone else's ideas.

Last edited:
Yes, main bearings are the same but you have to keep the rods/Pistons with the correct crank. Can even put the Acert twins on the 6nz block with a piece of plate steel.

Curious what corrosion took out the BXS block? Very few places on them can't be fixed.

Last edited:
Here's another one for you CAT Guru's...I have 2 3406B's, one with Jakes, one without....Friend of mine want's the jakes off my engine, so what all will we have to swap?

Jake actuators, rockers (because of the oil passage to the actuator), and the 2 rocker bolt/studs with the stud on top. Can you think of anything that I won't be able to SEE a difference in to swap these out?

Chris

Yes, main bearings are the same but you have to keep the rods/Pistons with the correct crank. Can even put the Acert twins on the 6nz block with a piece of plate steel.

Curious what corrosion took out the BXS block? Very few places on them can't be fixed.

Cavitation on the lower counter bores on 3 cylinders, and all the uppers. Looked like it had been running strait water for a while

Cavitation on the lower counter bores on 3 cylinders, and all the uppers. Looked like it had been running strait water for a while

You can fix that. Any good engine machine shop can cut the block and press new lowers in. It's not that expensive, I think the bill for the last one we had done was under $1000.

Here's another one for you CAT Guru's...I have 2 3406B's, one with Jakes, one without....Friend of mine want's the jakes off my engine, so what all will we have to swap?

Jake actuators, rockers (because of the oil passage to the actuator), and the 2 rocker bolt/studs with the stud on top. Can you think of anything that I won't be able to SEE a difference in to swap these out?

Chris

You will see that the rockers have an o-ring oil feed on one end, that needs to go with the jakes and needs replaced with a dowel to run no jakes.

Since you are already pulling the two main studs out that are head bolts then it wouldn't be much more to pull the other two and swap complete rocker assemblies. Have to pull another head bolt to get the stand off as well.

You can fix that. Any good engine machine shop can cut the block and press new lowers in. It's not that expensive, I think the bill for the last one we had done was under $1000.

Idk if I trust any of the local machine shops in that task. I cut the counterbores in house, I've grown very leery of outside sources doing work. I'd like to build an engine that makes big tq numbers, not necessarily chasing horsepower
Thanks

You will see that the rockers have an o-ring oil feed on one end, that needs to go with the jakes and needs replaced with a dowel to run no jakes.

Since you are already pulling the two main studs out that are head bolts then it wouldn't be much more to pull the other two and swap complete rocker assemblies. Have to pull another head bolt to get the stand off as well.

Both engines are torn down, so we're probably going to swap all parts.

Appreciate the info, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any random part I couldn't see that we had to change.

Chris

Idk if I trust any of the local machine shops in that task. I cut the counterbores in house, I've grown very leery of outside sources doing work. I'd like to build an engine that makes big tq numbers, not necessarily chasing horsepower

Thanks

What do you want for the block? I have extra cranks.

So... Who's this catlepuller or However they spell it? Bradford Hay?

Back