Truckers, lets see your rigs!

This setup isn't terrible, but I'm looking at a crude tanker because they're super cheap right now. 12000 gallon 2 compartment and I'm only going to use about 6000. I'm considering welding the baffles shut and making it a 6 compartment.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The fuller you keep any compartments the best. We can seperate our two compartments by closing valves in the back end. And we do. Our load used to be 4 loads a week now we're down to 2 and only 5-6000 litres lol it's pathetic in our tanker. But the rate stays the same so no biggie.

The fuller you keep any compartments the best. We can seperate our two compartments by closing valves in the back end. And we do. Our load used to be 4 loads a week now we're down to 2 and only 5-6000 litres lol it's pathetic in our tanker. But the rate stays the same so no biggie.
Yeah, I was thinking about just making 2 2000 gal compartments in the middle too, I don't really need 6 compartments. Makes a big difference with this one if just one is completely full, kinda acts like a damper for the other ones sloshing. The thing I really hate about real tankers is how the liquid crawls up the sides in corners, they just keep leaning further over.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Can anyone I'd this turbo? I know its a long shot. Says Perkins on the compressor housing, has an adapter on the exhaust housing. Lookin for some info on it.
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 0
Can anyone I'd this turbo? I know its a long shot. Says Perkins on the compressor housing, has an adapter on the exhaust housing. Lookin for some info on it.

Thanks

S586 I believe with big laggy 1.60 housing. Not bad on a C16 with a lot of fuel but probably a pig on a 14.6L. SmokinCat will know for sure.

Last edited:
S586 I believe with big laggy 1.60 housing. Not bad on a C16 with a lot of fuel but probably a pig on a 14.6L. SmokinCat will know for sure.

It's on a 2ws, with 58s and a 1k cam. I was thinking of turning it into a set of compounds, and bigger squirters. Believe it or not, it's not too bad with 4:33s, but the jake blows

Could drop housing but then it will surge, bets bet to throw a S475 or 478 under it and not look back.

That sounds good to me. The fabrication doesn't bother me, just pickin the right turbo. Thanks. Anyone got recommendation for a good file for this? More a toy that does occasional work

Anyone need any Holset VGT's? I have an HE431VeTi and a HE451Ve I need moved off of my office floor. Both appear brand new.

Figured the truckers of the group might need something.
Chris

I need help from you guys,

I have a large dump that the bed is dropping about 1ft/sec on when the lift valve is in neutral.

My first hunch is the spool is scored, but I want to know if the cylinders circuit is open to the relief when the spool is in neutral.

Air actuated spool with no bed stop attached.

This thing is could to be awesome to pull out.
6a404c44856948554e198ff2a38193e4.jpg

Something smart goes here

Last edited:
Single acting cylinder, only way it can move is for fluid to come out, and it's not coming out to atmosphere

If twins were off the table, what would be the best single? I was thinking an s480 with the 1.58 non waste gated housing. Not real sure though. In a heavy haul truck. Response and jake are important.
Thanks

Jake is worthless with 1.58. I had 2 6NZ's with 1.58's (sold one) and they were slightly laggy with the 1.58 but with 800 cam and bigger tune they would spin the 1.32 into orbit. Not sure what your describing as a heavy haul truck but these would gross between 120-150k. You can't have it both ways with a single.

If it is single acting, to be leaking it would have to be leaking externally.

Chris
The pneumatic shift cylinder had been struck by what I think was the village idiot and a pry bar. The aluminum piston and cylinder are both trash. I had to drive the spool out and it scored the lands in the pump, so it's all a wash.

I work with ****ing idiots.
I had the truck in the air pulling the pump down so I could inspect the spool. My foreman came out, got in my ass for not having the lift cylinder off, and brought over another tech to "help me" get the cylinder off. So by God, it's in the floor.

Out the door, we will have $5000 in a repair that needed a $1000 pump.

Jake is worthless with 1.58. I had 2 6NZ's with 1.58's (sold one) and they were slightly laggy with the 1.58 but with 800 cam and bigger tune they would spin the 1.32 into orbit. Not sure what your describing as a heavy haul truck but these would gross between 120-150k. You can't have it both ways with a single.

This^

If you have to have a single and have to haul heavy then keeping the power down is your only viable option that will keep your sanity. Are 600hp trucks just not cool enough for guys anymore?

This^

If you have to have a single and have to haul heavy then keeping the power down is your only viable option that will keep your sanity. Are 600hp trucks just not cool enough for guys anymore?

800hp, 10mpg and 1mil+ miles between breakdowns. Where the fuk have you been? Lmao

Can go up to 180k. Not everyday though. It's a 16 liter. If that would make a difference. Decisions decisions

Back