Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Question for you guys, have a single axle truck with the Hendrickson HAS 210 suspension, in my opinion it rides like crap, is there any basic checks a person can do or adjust with the load leveler? I was expecting a huge improvement in ride over our spring trucks and disappointed..

Hendrickson - HAS - Single Axle Series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it have a really short wheel base? If so no suspension will ride good. Drove a single axle Pete daycab around the block and thought I would need a kidney transplant when I got back.

The hood is not flat on that truck I've got two of those trucks. I can't say for sure a curved glass one has a slope or not but I'm pretty sure all w9L are sloped.

It is a 2 piece flat glass.

My dads 07 w9B also has the same height grill as my 94 w9L but the b grill is wider by like 2 or 4" inches I think
Not flat, straight. It's pretty much a straight line from the cowl to the grille, the green truck, and most others, has a steeper slope off the cowl for 10" or so and then straightens out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Does it have a really short wheel base? If so no suspension will ride good. Drove a single axle Pete daycab around the block and thought I would need a kidney transplant when I got back.

Yup, short and solid mounted cab. Guess my expectations were too high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the obsession with the flat glass/hood/doors guys? I have a couple friends that seem to care only about that. First thing they mention. I don't understand it I guess. Only difference I see is the curved glass seem to have better visibility. They make it out like its a make or brake part of the truck

The hood is not flat on that truck I've got two of those trucks. I can't say for sure a curved glass one has a slope or not but I'm pretty sure all w9L are sloped.

It is a 2 piece flat glass.

My dads 07 w9B also has the same height grill as my 94 w9L but the b grill is wider by like 2 or 4" inches I think

T600 curved glass, hood rolls up on back to meet up with cab.
b9267a49.jpg

T600 Flat glass, hood is flat at the back edge.
utf-8BSU1HMDAwMTktMjAxMTA5MDktMTEyNy5qcGc.jpg

Not sure what you have down there. In Canada Pete, kenworth, fort Garry industries, westrans. I believe grote sells them. I bought mine for my binder on ebay.

On a trip with a rental truck, MB Actros with DD13 at 450 hp, seems like there is one american engine manufacturer who know what they are doing. They must have made some some changes lately because this one pulls like 450 should, earlier they were all lazy as **ck.

Just sent a DD13 down the road. 300k miles, injection pump came apart and sent alum through the entire fuel system including the fuel tanks. $12,000-$15,000 repair with all 6 injectors. Friend worked for local Detroit dealer for probably 15yrs and this is not rare. Once metal is found in the fuel filter the advice was to run it until it dies because the damage is done. You can overhaul a Cat/Cummins for that $$.

If this is what you consider a great motor the junk your used to over there must be a real treat.

If you drive that jewel again don't over rev it because it stretches the cam lobes and they have to be replaced.

Tore my roof liner out on the w9 and found the sign lamp switch wire behind the dash. Connected it to a switch and sure enough my sign/beacon symbol illuminated on the dash. Only extra wire I can find up top are an olivewire with a brown stripe and ground. In a two prong plug. One on each side above the door. I'm assuming these are the wires I require? So why can't I get power to come to them? Anyone done this can help me out please? They disappear in the bundle of wires and go into the panel. I've swapped out breakers an relays they work as they also control the sign/beacon symbol.

Back