Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Got to love those hollow cams with pressed on lobes. Lmao

No problems during those about 5 years they have been on our market. They let you test them before they were given to us. Some manufacturers do fix their problems, they are not Caterpillar.

Got to love those hollow cams with pressed on lobes. Lmao

I would be far more worried about the surface hardness of the cam. Looking at you Cummins!

Compared to a performance v8 our cams live a very easy life. Low rpm, gentle ramp rates and the springs are toys compared to the v8 stuff.

Last edited:
Not sure if you're past this point or not but you would be amazed at what a couple of days worth of work and some vibration dampener/sound deadener would do for the shakes/rattles/cab noise.

That doesn't fix the HVAC doors that stick and break cables, the rattling clutch pedal linkage that rattles after you replace everything, the door panels falling off, the dash panels falling off in your lap, and all the other crap that is wrong with that truck....We're done spending money on a turd.

How big does the truck need to be to have Faulkner put a C18 in it? Or do you have any bigger engines to try? Thinking you do, but they're too big for a truck!

We don't need a C18 in this one...I have a 12v71TT we've been threatening to drop on a 379EXHD, but we are too cheap to buy the truck we want only to drop an antique engine in it for a toy.

If I found a truck without an engine, and had enough free time, I'd drop in a 350hp AGCO Power engine I have sitting here...I know they run well enough to handle the loads we'd have....but that would be a real chore!

We're pretty much looking for something we can move the axle, put the bed and crane on, and drive...not spend months working on every little thing to have a decent truck that will get 30K miles a year....tops.
Chris

That doesn't fix the HVAC doors that stick and break cables, the rattling clutch pedal linkage that rattles after you replace everything, the door panels falling off, the dash panels falling off in your lap, and all the other crap that is wrong with that truck....We're done spending money on a turd.

We don't need a C18 in this one...I have a 12v71TT we've been threatening to drop on a 379EXHD, but we are too cheap to buy the truck we want only to drop an antique engine in it for a toy.

If I found a truck without an engine, and had enough free time, I'd drop in a 350hp AGCO Power engine I have sitting here...I know they run well enough to handle the loads we'd have....but that would be a real chore!

We're pretty much looking for something we can move the axle, put the bed and crane on, and drive...not spend months working on every little thing to have a decent truck that will get 30K miles a year....tops.
Chris
It'd be cool to do something with a big Al

88923cb95b345d0afdf10a549dbb8c02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would if I found the right truck...but I wouldn't want to pull it too hard. Cost lots to fix

But VERY COOL.
Chris

Chris

What happened to that K power unit you were talking about a while back?

He's got a couple big engines, mounted on hay wagons I think, monsters! For the Detroit, how bout an old truck, like a '40s KB international, or a B model Mack. Thinking pull the hood, but leave the nose/grill, kinda like a '32 hot rod, just with that big screaming Driptroit sticking out!

What happened to that K power unit you were talking about a while back?

SOLD. Made a couple grand on it and moved on.

He's got a couple big engines, mounted on hay wagons I think, monsters! For the Detroit, how bout an old truck, like a '40s KB international, or a B model Mack. Thinking pull the hood, but leave the nose/grill, kinda like a '32 hot rod, just with that big screaming Driptroit sticking out!

Yeah, problem is none of that stuff is worth a crap to drive. I'm past the age of going out and wearing myself out to play around for 2 hours. I can go farm with old stuff that I hit the key and go, not spend 6 months building...

Chris

Oh, and those big engines wouldn't fit anywhere near a truck...the V12 is a 2061CID Allis Chalmers...weighs somewhere around 7500lbs... Yeah, it would fit, but damn...

The inline 8 is a Buda 2505 CID Natural Gas engine, weighs about 6k lbs.
Chris

Oh, and those big engines wouldn't fit anywhere near a truck...the V12 is a 2061CID Allis Chalmers...weighs somewhere around 7500lbs... Yeah, it would fit, but damn...

The inline 8 is a Buda 2505 CID Natural Gas engine, weighs about 6k lbs.
Chris

Yeah, they're huge! You could go full on sports car semi! Do a cab swap onto a newer chassis, leave it long and mid mount one of those monsters!

Questions.... is the new x15 anything different than its previous brethren?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Questions.... is the new x15 anything different than its previous brethren?

I know of a few runnin around. 3 565 hp and 1 600-2050, pretty strong runners for stock, happier than they were with 2250s. The dpf system is very different then before. Drive ability seems better. I'm sure as time goes on gremlins will arise.

Interesting... hopefully this engine works out better. It’d be nice to get a new truck with an engine that isn’t a giant pile of chit.

I’d like to see someone play with a DPF C7, no more HEUI, fill common rail, be really nice once deleted.

They run awesome but the common rail system isn’t awesome. Injector replacement is common and the pump is an absolute pain to replace.

It was sarcasm? ?
One of my good friends is being *****d to a fleet by paccar.

Speaking of early hour Failures, what do you guys know about the DD15 and 13 in terms of common failures?
I have 3 new western stars in the lot for sale and none of us know anything about them yet.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Fuel system is a joke, pump fails and sends metal through the system. Cam lobes can move on the shaft, local fleet has a pile of them and every time I’ve been there they have one scattered on the floor. Said if the driver over revs the engine and it has a fault for high rpm, cam replacement is almost always required. Pressed on cam lobes, has to be a genius euro design.

Friend of mine fixing rattles and seams.. in his FL 70. Probably too much work for some...

Too each his own

I agree to each his own but after you buy the truck and completely gut it to fix stuff, is it worth the price difference?

Now don’t forget I’ve done it but I saved $20,000 on just the truck. If I could have bought exactly what I wanted for $10k more and had to do no work I probably wouldn’t have went to all this. I didn’t have to touch hardly anything in the cab. You start buying interior parts and you can burn money quick. I have one panel on the headliner that’s cracked, replacement is $600.
7ce9725af0d89eb943155014368a24dd.jpg

And no that is not my gay arse LoneStar beside it. Friends shop and truck was customers. That’s why mine is under plastic to keep the gay off of it.

Last edited:
They run awesome but the common rail system isn’t awesome. Injector replacement is common and the pump is an absolute pain to replace.

Fuel system is a joke, pump fails and sends metal through the system. Cam lobes can move on the shaft, local fleet has a pile of them and every time I’ve been there they have one scattered on the floor. Said if the driver over revs the engine and it has a fault for high rpm, cam replacement is almost always required. Pressed on cam lobes, has to be a genius euro design.

I agree to each his own but after you buy the truck and completely gut it to fix stuff, is it worth the price difference?

Now don’t forget I’ve done it but I saved $20,000 on just the truck. If I could have bought exactly what I wanted for $10k more and had to do no work I probably wouldn’t have went to all this. I didn’t have to touch hardly anything in the cab. You start buying interior parts and you can burn money quick. I have one panel on the headliner that’s cracked, replacement is $600.
7ce9725af0d89eb943155014368a24dd.jpg

And no that is not my gay arse LoneStar beside it. Friends shop and truck was customers. That’s why mine is under plastic to keep the gay off of it.

He's that Flex Air do with the big weight? Thought it was only good for 38k?

I know of a few runnin around. 3 565 hp and 1 600-2050, pretty strong runners for stock, happier than they were with 2250s. The dpf system is very different then before. Drive ability seems better. I'm sure as time goes on gremlins will arise.

Have also heard about one going back at less than a 1000 miles for completely block replacement.

Back