Truckers, lets see your rigs!

What’s funny is there are guys that have had trucks for 30+ years and are shocked when a fresh motor breaks parts like rocker arms. “How does this happen, the motor was just overhauled???” But if you replaced ALL the parts they would chit a 24k gold brick with a diamond in the middle when they saw the bill.

No doubt. I overhaul most engines around here for $10K +/- $1500 and half the guys whine. I don't in frame chit though, I see no point in rolling bearings in when for another $1000 you can have the crank and block checked and machined to make sure they're right. I have VERY few problems over the years.

Chris

"I bet you can't shoot the side of one rod out the block."
"Hold my chunks"
3ff76e566c1f3fcf83952a7b89d7b16f.jpg
711f1f609dcc8322661f335f1ad5c929.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Lol that blown Detroit was extra sweet because the owner was an A hole that didn’t pay for the turbo that was on it. So when it was towed to a shop a guy we know ran out and took that pic. Love it, karma is a beeoch.

What’s funny is there are guys that have had trucks for 30+ years and are shocked when a fresh motor breaks parts like rocker arms. “How does this happen, the motor was just overhauled???” But if you replaced ALL the parts they would chit a 24k gold brick with a diamond in the middle when they saw the bill.

Or when they replace the turbocharger because "the seals are leaking" after 1 million miles. Bolt it on and 10k later bich and moan because "the seals are leaking" after only 10k miles this time. They refuse to take ANY diligence to check charge air coolers or crankcase filters, though. Diagnostics are an afterthought.

No doubt. I overhaul most engines around here for $10K +/- $1500 and half the guys whine. I don't in frame chit though, I see no point in rolling bearings in when for another $1000 you can have the crank and block checked and machined to make sure they're right. I have VERY few problems over the years.

Chris

That sounds aweful cheep. Cat platinum kit alone is 10k+

Can't a clogged air filter do that too?

I think he means when you have more crankcase pressure than you do oil pressure the seals will die.

I would like to confess I put a turbo on because of a plugged air filter.

Customer truck ran like crap, smoked, low boost fault code and intake was full of oil. New turbo didn’t change performance, so I knocked the intake pipe off and she ran like a champ. FYI if you have 2 big 15” outside air cleaners you can easily let the filters got for a year or more for a road truck. However if you drive a junk azz cascadia with the same filter as a Honda Civic you might want to check it more than once every 2 years.

Last edited:
Thanks to Cody my BSFC’s are probably going to suffer. Since Allan thinks smaller is better we decided to go larger.
f7f2206f5bf209ecb27018c6239d17dd.jpg

And here I cant even get anything better than this factory boat anchor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And here I cant even get anything better than this factory boat anchor.

Its only money, usually I give people the part numbers but what you need is already out there.

I love spending other peoples money.

What do you think it needs?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Anything besides stock, now that the sensors are reading the right parameters its time to get the stock charger out of the road.

With no other mods on the horizon I would think a 78m borg with a 1.45 housing would do rather well.

Anything besides stock, now that the sensors are reading the right parameters its time to get the stock charger out of the road.

With no other mods on the horizon I would think a 78m borg with a 1.45 housing would do rather well.

Faulkner gave me the 80mm borg number.

With where it’s set right now, it’s still getting too warm with this pile. I can’t really believe that as I don’t feel that it runs “that” good. It’s runs well but if I could use all of what’s there it’d be awesome.
I drive with my foot and keep it at 32lbs max and it just doesn’t move enough air.

I have a question for you guys. I ran into a 3406e peec converted to mechanical governor and timing advance. What do you guys think about this setup? Should I buy it or just leave it alone?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

Back