Truckers, lets see your rigs!

At about tdc where the exhaust valve closes is the last place drive pressure can have any effect on cylinder pressure, then the piston travels down like 5in. At 14:1 cr, the difference of 20-60 psi in the top part of the stroke makes little difference in the total cylinder pressure. The only real loss you'll see is the extra effort it takes to shove the higher pressure out the exhaust port.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So what does getting 1:1 drive/boost do?

Near 70 psi backpressure on a 15L, wow that's a lot.

While there can be cases that drive pressure falls below boost, even then when running higher boost levels the drive will be just as high.

I am running north of 100psi on my 855 when pulling, and I am almost certain my drive pressure is much higher because of how bad the turbine is in my manifold turbo.

Itll tell you a bunch about your setup. I'm not sure if these guys are running gates but that's what I used to set my Wastegate on my dodge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The engine in that video has the 1.65 internally gated S400 turbine housing on it, the waste gate signal line is coming from the atmosphere turbo only so the gate only opens once the big charger is up and spinning.

So what does getting 1:1 drive/boost do?

Near 70 psi backpressure on a 15L, wow that's a lot.

70psi at max rpm is a non issue. As you can see it’s almost 1:1 where a working engine normally operates.

Then why even bother monitoring drive pressures?

As you can see those gauges are not permanent, they were only checked and recorded to prove the internet mechanics wrong again.

The engine in that video has the 1.65 internally gated S400 turbine housing on it, the waste gate signal line is coming from the atmosphere turbo only so the gate only opens once the big charger is up and spinning.

Gate line was tried in both locations and also pinned open. Made almost zero difference in the way it spools or runs.

70psi at max rpm is a non issue. As you can see it’s almost 1:1 where a working engine normally operates.

As you can see those gauges are not permanent, they were only checked and recorded to prove the internet mechanics wrong again.

Gate line was tried in both locations and also pinned open. Made almost zero difference in the way it spools or runs.

Just going off of what we were talking about when I had stopped by that day and he was sending those videos.

Just going off of what we were talking about when I had stopped by that day and he was sending those videos.

Yea they tried it every way even holding the wastegate open and with the added fuel it lights almost immediately. Although it’s now pushing the freeze plug out of the exhaust housing, genius design. Had 2 stock turbos do that.

Anyone know how much fan the v-belts on a 6NZ will turn before we have to switch everything out to the serpentine belt off an ACERT?

Pretty sure I found some of our cooling issue since Faulkner tuned the glider...dealer used a 30" 8 blade fan. Every other Pete/Kenworth with a CAT I measured this weekend has a 32" with either a 9 blade or 11 blade fan.

I figure whether I ask and catch crap for asking, or I just start buying fans and report back with results and I'll still catch crap....so here you go!

Chris

Anyone know how much fan the v-belts on a 6NZ will turn before we have to switch everything out to the serpentine belt off an ACERT?

Pretty sure I found some of our cooling issue since Faulkner tuned the glider...dealer used a 30" 8 blade fan. Every other Pete/Kenworth with a CAT I measured this weekend has a 32" with either a 9 blade or 11 blade fan.

I figure whether I ask and catch crap for asking, or I just start buying fans and report back with results and I'll still catch crap....so here you go!

Chris

They’ll turn any fan you can fit under the hood. Should have been switched to serpentine when it was built. V belts are the devil.

LOL

I guess that's what you get when the dealer builds your Glider.

Thanks for the info, I'm going to try an 11 blade before we yank the radiator out of it and build it bigger.

Chris

Back