Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Just dieing a slow death

12208702_10204228541947915_1243093657357060694_n.jpg

Customer doesn't grease the spring pins on their off road trucks for 11 months, now wants us to remove the pins that won't grease, clean and reinstall them.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Customer doesn't grease the spring pins on their off road trucks for 11 months, now wants us to remove the pins that won't grease, clean and reinstall them.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
Love cheap people. Had a guy come get a used clutch off the junk pile. Who the fuk goes through all that work to install used parts?

Love cheap people. Had a guy come get a used clutch off the junk pile. Who the fuk goes through all that work to install used parts?

You wouldn't believe the guys in the concrete truck world...

Used everythingggggg. Covered in concrete, hasn't ran in 5 years, engines, transmissions, hydraulic pumps, you name it..

Apparently you are not keeping up to date with the 8.3L Cummins Transplant thread. Granted I have a lot of stuff that might end up going out as cores for new stuff...but still.

:hehe:

Apparently you are not keeping up to date with the 8.3L Cummins Transplant thread. Granted I have a lot of stuff that might end up going out as cores for new stuff...but still.

:hehe:
Well some parts I get but who reuses wear parts? Buddy owns a big truck salvage lot and has guys wanting used brake shoes. One guy wanted a used pyro.

I don't understand using used parts either. There is parts that I have replaced before in the middle of a job just because I didn't want to tear it all apart again to replace that certain part.

I don't understand using used parts either. There is parts that I have replaced before in the middle of a job just because I didn't want to tear it all apart again to replace that certain part.

This times a MILLION!!!!!!!!!! Sucky part is when you want to do it that way and the people you work for are fighting you on it. I'm like ok, well you'll just end up paying me to do it again later. Still frustrating for me based on principle.

well, i finally moving into the new truck after a month and a half of wait. As stated before it was the bosses truck. Specs are : 2007, 550 cat, 18 speed, 280 inch wheelbase, and the best part in my opinion....throating my boss for it.

fixed it for ya

My friends latest addition to his fleet of hobby trucks. What can you tell about it ? Engine should be 4 valve E6 at 350 hp. What kind of fuel pump does it have ? He said it looks a little bit like P pumpbut not the same as some european engines have.

Attachments

• DSC_0621.jpg
    DSC_0621.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0622.jpg
    DSC_0622.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0626.jpg
    DSC_0626.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
Went and looked at this truck today, it's a '81 Freightliner (I dunno what model) has a 400 Big Cam Cummins. New rubber and a newer loader. Truck runs good, hazes at idle. Engine was dry except for a bit of oil where the head/block meet on the driver front. Engine has roughly 70k on rebuild. Yea it has its work clothes on but think it would make a good first log truck... Thoughts? Anyone know what model it could be?
image_zps2tpedga4.jpeg

Last edited:
Went and looked at this truck today, it's a '81 Freightliner (I dunno what model) has a 400 Big Cam Cummins. New rubber and a newer loader. Truck runs good, hazes at idle. Engine was dry except for a bit of oil where the head/block meet on the driver front. Engine has roughly 70k on rebuild. Yea it has its work clothes on but think it would make a good first log truck... Thoughts? Anyone know what model it could be?
image_zps2tpedga4.jpeg

FLC (or Freightliner Conventional)
Likely a 120?

Hood is off a newer truck

I like those trucks a lot, but not everyone is of the same opinion

Last edited:
FLC (or Freightliner Conventional)
Likely a 120?

Hood is off a newer truck

I like those trucks a lot, but not everyone is of the same opinion

I love FLCs, but I am biased.

Chris is right, it is an FLC. But FLCs didn't come any shorter than a 120. He is also right that it has a newer fiber glass hood on it. The original would have had an aluminum hood on it with two round headlights.

The oil on the front of the engine could be a leaky rocker box/ Jake box or valve cover gasket. Someone probably adjusted the rack some time recently, especially with little mileage in a rebuild.

Honestly, in the end it all in your opinion and how the price fits into your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back