Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yes, nothing a grinder can't fix.

That's kinda what I figured but why? Running a square port manifold?

I've always heard how great the round port Bully Dog manifolds are, but I've always thought to myself that a square port seems bigger and able to flow more air. Maybe I'm wrong.

What 13 do you have? RTLO with a .73 OD is mighty fast with 3.36.

Rtlo 14613b

By spinning slower what I meant was I would have thought the whine rom be a lot slower for 100k. I am wanting to go to an 18 for the low end starting. 3:36 weren't my first choice but I bought an entire 8 bag suspension with 138k on it for $4000. With 4 ways so I couldn't pass it up. The 8 bag on my 94 that I bought needed all new bags and bunch other work from sitting for 10years.

I've always heard how great the round port Bully Dog manifolds are, but I've always thought to myself that a square port seems bigger and able to flow more air. Maybe I'm wrong.

square port vs round port is a thread in itself...look at big block chevy stuff...

Diesel Contols out of Ohio, can build the pump and injectors that can flow in the neighborhood of 400ccs, highest stock it 290cc.

Would have about $1800 in both with sending him core injectors and a pump to build.

Not near as bad as I thought! I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but I don't speak in cc's...so how much power is the 290cc application making? And how much power will a 400cc setup be capable of?

I wish the Columbus "drop in" 16mm B&P's weren't gonna be so much money for the 3406 pump... At $600 a hole just seems nuts, but it's a small market and the ones that want them will pay, sooooo....

Not near as bad as I thought! I know I'm gonna sound like an idiot, but I don't speak in cc's...so how much power is the 290cc application making? And how much power will a 400cc setup be capable of?

I wish the Columbus "drop in" 16mm B&P's weren't gonna be so much money for the 3406 pump... At $600 a hole just seems nuts, but it's a small market and the ones that want them will pay, sooooo....

You mean 13mm, the 16 or 17mm becomes a cyclone pump and that goes for about $15K. They made the 13s, that's a big step, there hasn't been anyone with those parts for a while and last I spoke with them they had only sold one or two sets, not really reassuring for the time they have invested.

Only thing I can tell you is that the CC rating is fuel injected per 1000 cycles, a stock 400 flows about 180cc, the 605hp generator engine flows around 273cc.

It really is a matter of choice, round port works better for high velocity and works well with more modern turbines, square higher flow but slower velocity and favors the old high trim turbines.

If its only $600 per hole to drop in a bigger cup and plunger I'm in. That's only $3,600 for a pump build... But then you need injectors to use all of that fuel. Which is at least the same amount of coin as the pump work....

You mean 13mm, the 16 or 17mm becomes a cyclone pump and that goes for about $15K. They made the 13s, that's a big step, there hasn't been anyone with those parts for a while and last I spoke with them they had only sold one or two sets, not really reassuring for the time they have invested.

Only thing I can tell you is that the CC rating is fuel injected per 1000 cycles, a stock 400 flows about 180cc, the 605hp generator engine flows around 273cc.

A friend of ours that pulls in our club has been putting together and engine the last couple of years. They were trying to do some crazy stuff and broke a few rods and windowed the block last season. But he sent the pump to Columbus or Cyclone and had the last set of "drop-in" cups and plungers installed. He said that CSD and Cyclone had issues with these cups and plungers. They wouldn't always operate correctly. It took two sets to make one good working set in his pump. Our friend said that CSD and Cyclone are ending the "drop-ins," they will only do a full pump build. But not every pump has to be the full blown 18mm cup and plunger pump.

The cyclone was never a drop in part anyways, notice that in any picture of the pump it has an extra plate on the top side of the pump.

At the time I called for 13mm parts that $600 a hole was just to buy the parts, not them installing the parts.

Flowed cat nozzles will handle the extra fuel to a point, just have to get them to unload quick enough. Won't matter because then the pistons become the weak point as always.

You should know that while CDS and cyclone are different companies they work very closely together, Jim Fink is the father in law of the guy that runs CDS.

A buddy of mine doin work in legacy class 379 #52
628303fe0ca25b2b205a01a904cdd766.jpg

A buddy ended up buying the orange crush. Didn't ask what he ended up paying though. It is a nice truck runs real strong. After oil change In the first 10,000km hasn't burnt any oil and is still golden. Pulls hard.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462639662.985205.jpg

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462640545.034375.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1462640555.325608.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1462640564.110930.jpg

Dad picked up an insurance write off. 2007 w900b with a 565 isx. Melted wiring and air lines on driver side of block and firewall. Looking for wiring alternatives. So far have 17k price tag on harnesses.

That's through a guy who runs the recycling side of a dealer. These are new prices though according to him. I'm gonna try the kW dealer up here an see what they say. But I thought that 17k was just ridiculous. He paid 17 cad for the truck.

That's through a guy who runs the recycling side of a dealer. These are new prices though according to him. I'm gonna try the kW dealer up here an see what they say. But I thought that 17k was just ridiculous. He paid 17 cad for the truck.

http://www.kustomharness.com/

Firewall to engine harness for Cat powered glider was only $1900 and I think the entire engine harness is less than $1000. Don't think Cummins is much different.

Firewall to engine for a ISX is $2350. I paid less than $5k for firewall to engine harness, complete pedal assembly, battery cable kit, and power distribution harness. Transmission harness is another $150

What your doing is no different than me building a glider, that price is about $11-12,000 high IMO.

http://www.kustomharness.com/

Firewall to engine harness for Cat powered glider was only $1900 and I think the entire engine harness is less than $1000. Don't think Cummins is much different.

Firewall to engine for a ISX is $2350. I paid less than $5k for firewall to engine harness, complete pedal assembly, battery cable kit, and power distribution harness. Transmission harness is another $150

What your doing is no different than me building a glider, that price is about $11-12,000 high IMO.

That's what I was thinking but had no clue would supply them. I'll get a hold of them and see what they say. Appreciate it. If it was 5k or around there that's fine.

Where do you come up with this stuff, that number came from a competition engine on an engine dyno, who cares what you think a Volvo will make, no one has touched one yet and no one will touch one over here.

Just because you can't do it doesn't mean someone else isn't able too.

Delphi injectors have 4 mm more travel than those ancient Cat injectors, Delphi plunger is 10 mm, Cat is something like 10,5 mm.So do your math. I still want to see those engine dyno graphs everyone is always talking about. Are they also corrected ? Never even tried to do it, building only working engines.

Back