Trucks missing and low on power

killed300ex

Got my 94 back on the road today. Been off the road for 5 months. Ran great when I took it off here is the work I had done.
F1 helex2 cam
ddp4 injectors
timed to 18
fass 95/180
other than that it was just replacing all the gaskets on the outside of the motor for oil leaks.

Now when I take off in 1 & 2nd gear it doesnt want to rev it pops and misses. Has a good stumble around 2k rpm however once you get it up into 3-5 gear it pulls harder without much hesitation. (Not as hard as it should) However im only seeing around 45 of boost. And seems to take a long time to spool up. Compared to what it was before I pulled the motor. Its strange with this setup I figured id black out the road but it barley smokes when I rev it in neutral it wont smoke at all but its popin and missing over 2k rpms.
Any idea what could cause this? Just want to get the truck back and running strong again

Your timing either slipped. or your just not running enough. Bump it on up a bit and it should be fine.WW

hmm any easy way to check timing? Without all the tools. Gonna hook the FP guage up tommorow to verify thats good.

Just a hunch here....
Try switching the injectors out and see what happens.

I can try that when I get some spare time. Hopefully this weekend unfortunitly all i have for injectors is the set of 160's from when it was stock

The only reason I say this is I had a new set that were never installed.I had some other engine issues which led me to having all my injectors Pop tested to redo my baseline tune.The new set of DDP4's were bad and had issues and were taken back to the dealer to be returned for repair.

Back