True 6.7 truck with 5.9 ecm swap experience questions

Kronk

I recently put the truck under the knife to get a few modifications done. Used the Fleece conversion harness, swapped in a 5.9 alternator, installed a push start switch. Still running 6.7 injectors so I am getting the rough start up but clears right up. Still running the 6.7 accelerator pedal with 6.7 TPS so pedal is touchy in comparison to how it was with 6.7 ecm with EFI tuning.

The S480/GT55 was installed at the same time the ecm conversion took place. The EFI tuner I use loaded up a tune he personally ran in his 6.7 with 5.9 ecm but my truck reacted completely different to the tune and simply put it didn't like that tune. Tuner made some changes and its better and continuously improving but recently the tuner and I have had some difference of opinion. He sent me the latest tune and suddenly getting two specific DTC codes that never popped up before. I am getting a cam position sensor DTC and a fuel delivery error code.

He seems to think all of a sudden my lift pumps or CP3s started acting up. My rail pressure is good through out any driving conditions. I have no problems holding rail pressure. I run two Airdogs and have never had any any issues with them. The filters are new so I feel pretty confident that they didn't all of a sudden start acting up. Unfortunately I don't monitor lift pump pressure :bang but I ordered two mechanical gauges so I'll be able to monitor both lift pumps. FYI the LBZ CP3 has a cummins FCA.

So basically tuner is telling me its my truck and I'm telling him I'll do a log and its something in the current tune.

I have a 5.9 pedal on the way and am looking for 03-04 143* 5.9 injectors to alleviate the rough starts.

Anyone experience these issues after doing the 5.9 ecm swap?

Who has experience tuning a 6.7 truck with a 5.9 ecm? Thanks guys

Agree. I cannot think of a way to tune to throw those codes on that ECM. Try re flashing it.

Tuner rescaled rail pressure and changed other things. Sent me a new tune and loaded it up. No cam position code and no fuel delivery error code!!

I had a smile from ear to ear while test driving

Go back to the previous tune and see if it still throws the codes.

I got a 5.9 pedal with pig tail from Mark Nixon. Now my problem is that I don't have a diagram to figure out how to wire it into my 6.7. Mark said you might have some knowledge regarding this. Could you help me please?

Not gonna give it away but it has to do with the number of injection events at idle.

Changed tuners and now my 6.7 injectors start nice and smooth. No rough idle on start up and no more white smoke :rockwoot:

Altered Diesel is building me a set of 5.9 BMS 143* spray pattern 250% overs. Hope they help get rid of DTCs
P0191 fuel rail pressure sensor circuit performance
P0341 camshaft position sensor performance bank 1 sensor 1

Both are there when I scan the ecm for DTCs but the truck runs perfect really.

Back