Trunk signals don't blink?

J-Pipes

It started with the left front over a yr ago, that when I tried to use the signal, the indicator on the dash would stay on solid. Seemed the left front was out, when I went to change the bulb, it was still good, actually was lit the whole time. Checked the socket, it had 12v at all times, so I just pulled the bulb as not to drain the battery. Hadn't looked at it since, till tonight coming back from a friends house, now all signals are doing it. Whenever I try to use the signals, they just light up solid, no blinking. Is it just a simple switch or relay gone bad, or something else?

The flasher is probably the problem. Or low on blinker fluid.
Hahaha, my brother in law actually convinced his sister that's what her car needed! Had her go to the local napa to get it, called them when she left so they knew. It was pretty good.

Was hoping it wasn't likely anything else, can't afford to throw money chasing a fix right now. Thanks.

Ok, put a new flasher relay in it and my signals work again. But the new problem is when I turn the headlights on, the indicator on the dash lights up solid, and the marker light does not come on. I even tried multiple new bulbs, any ideas what to check next?

Was thinking maybe the switch, read they were problematic. I'll start by going through fuses first .

Fuses all good, that mean it's the switch then? One other thing, with everything off, there is some power going to the light, until I turn the lights on, then nothing.
992aaa788d4bfae8b0610ad9f196decb.jpg

03146555ae34c61dbcbc97e47bbcb814.jpg

Fuses all good, that mean it's the switch then? One other thing, with everything off, there is some power going to the light, until I turn the lights on, then nothing.
992aaa788d4bfae8b0610ad9f196decb.jpg

03146555ae34c61dbcbc97e47bbcb814.jpg
odd. I dunno. Maybe someone else will have something to add.

With a test light or multimeter you could quickly test the switch. Or just unplug it to see if the light goes out.

Back