Trying to dial in my 99 twin turbo-questions?

I have a regulator/gauge setup with ball valves that you could borrow to get everything set up if you don't have one. It attaches to an air line via quick disconnect and then has a ball valve to allow flow to the regulator and outlet. also has a second ball valve to vent the system. Nice big 4" gauge that goes from 2 psi to around 90psi. I put it together just for setting gates. Are both actuators threaded so they can be adjusted?

The line was cut and the turbo side was plugged when I ended up w it. I pulled the plug and am using that line to read boost on the primary right now.

What would open the gate assuming that the spring is strong enough to hold it closed?
that would have to mean you have a 40psi spring which you dont most likely. like ron said, put a gauge on it to see where its set and we can go from there. only way to tell.

I have a regulator/gauge setup with ball valves that you could borrow to get everything set up if you don't have one. It attaches to an air line via quick disconnect and then has a ball valve to allow flow to the regulator and outlet. also has a second ball valve to vent the system. Nice big 4" gauge that goes from 2 psi to around 90psi. I put it together just for setting gates. Are both actuators threaded so they can be adjusted?

Do you have any pictures of the reg setup? If I can find everything close tomorrow, then I'll build one. Otherwise, I'll take you up on the offer.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that would have to mean you have a 40psi spring which you dont most likely. like ron said, put a gauge on it to see where its set and we can go from there. only way to tell.

When the boost line is on, will that hold it shut longer, or is it a matter of adjusting the WG rod?

When the boost line is on, will that hold it shut longer, or is it a matter of adjusting the WG rod?

wastegate rod is what puts tnsions on the gate to keep it closed. line adds boost to open it but even if you have the line off like you do, if the rod is adjusted way wrong drive pressure will still open it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back