Trying to get a p pump off a 466

Johndeere9610

Ford guy
I'm trying to get the pump off a dt466. I have the front cover off and have the gear off but the hub behind it wont come. I have put a puller on it and gave it decent pressure but I quit before I broke something. Is it just pressed on there or am I missing something? Also I didnt see any timing marks on the gear so pretty much I will have to time it when I get the pump back from the shop. Any ideas to make it easier?

Thanks

is it a model 100 or a inline pump? on anything ive had pumps off you line up the timing
pin or marks on the pump the front gear usually dont have the marks on it.
not sure what you mean by the hub behind the gear????

if its an inline pump and you have the gear loose from the from take the mounting plate for the pump off. you can leave the 4 bolts on for the injection pump and take the plate off the pump bolts to. I did a 466 with an MW pump and thats the way i did it. I wouldnt pull on the gear on the from, if i remember rite the gear came off without a puller, I just had to wiggle the gear with a screw driver. There is a drive hub behind the mounting plate is probly why you cant get get the pump off just with taking the 4 inj. pump bolts out.

I dont remember exactly how many bolts you have to take out for the mounting plate to come off.

Hope this helps, Brian

if its an inline pump and you have the gear loose from the from take the mounting plate for the pump off. you can leave the 4 bolts on for the injection pump and take the plate off the pump bolts to. I did a 466 with an MW pump and thats the way i did it. I wouldnt pull on the gear on the from, if i remember rite the gear came off without a puller, I just had to wiggle the gear with a screw driver. There is a drive hub behind the mounting plate is probly why you cant get get the pump off just with taking the 4 inj. pump bolts out.

I dont remember exactly how many bolts you have to take out for the mounting plate to come off.

Hope this helps, Brian

Your right I was just missing a bolt I didnt see to get the cover off. But the hub stays with the pump.

Back