trying to get into 12s

blackdieselram

with whats in my sig i was able to run consistant 13.3s in the 1/4 with 315/70/17 tires. what could i do to get into the twelves next weekend? i am thinking about going back down to the stock tire size but what else would i need? i only have about 1500-2000 to spend.

flux 2's will get you there...... as I said on another post, make sure you have an all aluminum intercooler, plastic ones tend to blow, and then you don't go.

i have a full billlet goerend trans and i also use a lock up switch.
i am going to be getting some of wickeds big injectors when they are available again and i know i will need cp3 work to run them so injectors are not an option for right now. i am planning to build my truck up to around 800hp and dont want to buy something now that i will have to change again later.

injectors are the main thing a 13.0 at 106 with my turbo thats smaller I could have gotten a 12.9 I think because I only got 3 runs down the track. I needed to turn the torque management off completely. Id run even better if i upgrade to a 64 or 66 because my I run the same with the smarty on 3 as I do 9 just more smoke

i have a full billlet goerend trans and i also use a lock up switch.
i am going to be getting some of wickeds big injectors when they are available again and i know i will need cp3 work to run them so injectors are not an option for right now. i am planning to build my truck up to around 800hp and dont want to buy something now that i will have to change again later.

Good deal. CP3 upgrade maybe

Find away to drop 300lb. Old rule says that 100lb=1/10th of a sec. I'd say going to the factory wheel and tire combo would probably be worth 2/10th's by itself. 315/70/17 is alot of rotating mass compared to the 265/70/17.

Maybe lose the spare tire, back seat (if thats an option), and the tail gate.

Good deal. CP3 upgrade maybe

thats the direction i was thinking of going. i know when i floor it my rail pressure will drop really low then catch up. i think that could be hurting my 60' times also.

im going to try to take everything i can out of the truck. i should easily be able to drop 150-200lbs.

arson 3 kit will keep the pressure up, even if you go up on injectors later on.......

with whats in my sig i was able to run consistant 13.3s in the 1/4 with 315/70/17 tires. what could i do to get into the twelves next weekend? i am thinking about going back down to the stock tire size but what else would i need? i only have about 1500-2000 to spend.

Put Nitrous on it as is and you will run 11.67.

What dp said.

I ran consistent mid 11's with a small injector, stock cp3, single turbo and was doing it on 35's

get nitrous, play with it a little bit and your good to go. No extra fuel needed. Once it clears the smoke it's just making egts lower and lower. And it'll cost you about 600 bucks.

Cheap upgrade, safe power, faster et's. That's a win, win, win situation.

always been scared to run that stuff,i need to be schooled on it..

so i wouldnt window my block, or fry i piston starting small. like a 40-50hp shot...can you, or do you run water also..sorry for the hi-jack..back to thread

Back