Trying to get the Scoop on a S366

joelc79

Looking for a price for a S366 T-3 3rd gen housing for my 6.7L, price for gated vs non gated please.

You all so suggested a Garrett that would be a drop in. Any more info would be appriciated please. Sent PM a while ago.
Thanks
Joel

I don't know Forrest, enlighten me please. Why would i go T-3 on a 6.7L? I figured i would do a 5.9 3rd gen manifold with a S366. I have a perfectly good manifold already. I'm guessing your suggesting a T-4 cause of flow correct?

Whats the thought on gated or non gated housing?

I hear that... if you've got the turbo and manifold, I'd go with it... if you're having to kinda start from scratch, I would do a 2nd gen T4 setup

I'm running a box stock BW S366 non gated on my 5.9, and I love it. It's been the best turbo I've had to date. It's non gated but dp is not even an issue. Its got a .91 divided T-4 housing that spools around 1300rpm and I can have full boost (48psi) by 2k.

I picked up 40hp over my previous turbo while spool time is better and temps are cooler.

You can get then from a website for roughly $700

I guess i will pay more for a T-3 is that right? I hear of "deals" like $700 all the time but have a hard time finding them. I have been quoted anywhere from 900 to 1750 for an "off the shelf" charger like where talkin about.

and s300 with a t3 housing is not off the shelf.....they never cam in that configuration or else everyone would buy BW turbos...what you are paying for on the aftermarket side is the exhaust housing

if i was buying a new single, it would be an off the shelf t4

that's my thoughts, on a 6.7, you dang near need a t4 setup, and that turbo is so cheap and works so well on a 6.7, it's kindof a no brainer. an external gate adds some cost and complexity, sure, but the $1000+ you save by not going with a T3 gated turbo will pay for it and then some

Thanks guys for all the PMs and responces. I'm not aginst the T-4 or want a T-3 turbo for less than $700... I just keep reading all the deals and never could find exactly what everyone was talking about.
I just have the manifold already, i guess if im suggested to go T-4 then i just have to buy a manifold. Not a big deal, i'll just have to wait to a little longer to buy a manifold.

The turbo on the web site:
How do i get the 3rd gen style housing on there, is it an option on turbos or do i have to have an elbow welded on?
(obviously im not turbo smart)

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the PMs and responces. I'm not aginst the T-4 or want a T-3 turbo for less than $700... I just keep reading all the deals and never could find exactly what everyone was talking about.
I just have the manifold already, i guess if im suggested to go T-4 then i just have to buy a manifold. Not a big deal, i'll just have to wait to a little longer to buy a manifold.

The turbo on the web site:
How do i get the 3rd gen style housing on there, is it an option on turbos or do i have to have an elbow welded on?
(obviously im not turbo smart)

It's a BW exhaust outlet...($40 and you buy that flange and clamp), as far as compressor side, you clock it to the third gen location and get a 3" silicone 90* elbow to make the turn to the intercooler pipe. Between the exhaust mods and discharge mods your looking at probably $60 and a few min to make it all up, but it's so worth it when your saving approx $1000 from buying a dodge specific turvo.

Back