TS Performance 6 Position Installed.

DCSpecial

Mr. Sinister
I had been in contact with Sheila via PM's here and finally got around to calling and talking with Dennis Tuesday evening about the programming for my truck. Told him the specs on my truck (4.56 gears, 38" tires, BTS trans, etc), and what I'd like as far as programming/performance. I definately needed a change from the programming I had been running (wasn't from TS), and after talking with Dennis, I knew he was the man that could get me what I wanted out of my truck. So, went ahead and placed the order and had the 6 position chip sitting outside my door on Friday evening when I got back from work.

Pulled out my old chip and installed the new TS Performance 6 position earlier today between running errands for work and looking at new cars.

Dennis said he wanted me to try the NVK4 programs on my 7.3...so I figured he knows best and agreed. Boy am I glad I did. The performance is great as is the shifting with my BTS transmission.

Here's me with the new chip ---> :woohoo: :rockwoot: :bow: :shake:

There's going to be a whole lot more of that tonight when I get to test out the 140hp setting with no traffic... :evil
LOL LOL

My settings are:
1-stock
2-50hp
3-75hp
4-100hp
5-140hp
6-high idle

Mainly was in the 75hp setting. Very nice and smooth around town when you're easy on the go pedal.....but mash it and it sure comes alive in a hurry :D

I'd definately recommend TS Performance for anyone looking to get some more power out of their 7.3 PSD. Sheila and Dennis have been great to deal with as has everyone else I've talked to when I've called their shop :Cheer:

More info and pics to come soon.....waiting to clean my truck and put on the TS Performance decals :ylsuper:

What kind of hp #'s can a 7.3 go to without breaking stuff? I have read the rods are the first to go, but how much can they take? How about the tranny?

I have a BTS transmission.......can easily handle over 500rwhp, so no worries there.
I toasted my stock trans with only about 38,000 miles on it.....of course people who see the way I drive understand why :evil
Powerbraking and roasting 35s probably didn't help much either.....or hooking up to a stuck 40ton semi....or pulling out stuck dump trucks... LOL LOL LOL

As for the motor..I have PMRs (introduced in 2001 models). Somewhere around 400rwhp with the proper tuning is the number that you don't want to go past.
99-00 (and some early 2001) motors with forged rods can handle over 400rwhp.

For really heavily modded motors.....billet rods are the way to go.

Had some more time behind the wheel with the new TS Performance 6 position chip.

Been running the 75hp, 100hp, and 140hp......even ran in the stock setting for a little bit.

Stock setting = :( (haven't had my truck in a stock setting for over a year....not enough power LOL ) ....but twist the little knob around back to the 75-140 settings and back to :woohoo: :rockwoot: :bow: :evil

I don't know how I ever drove around with stock programming and no chip before. :bang

Put about 50 miles or so on the TS Performance 6 Position chip and loving every minute of it. The NVK4 programming by Dennis is awesome. My previous chip was a DP-Tuner 6 position with PMT1 programs. In the DP I mainly used the 80 econo or the 120 or 140 setting.
The TS Performance 75hp is a little more smooth and refined just tooling around town...and has more get up and go when you get on the go pedal hard than the DP-Tuner 80hp did.

Also, with those PMT1 programs from DP I was getting a harsh downshift from OD to 3rd....esepcially if I was rolling back into the throttle right around 38-40mph :aiwebs_029:

With my new TS Peformance 6 position and the NVK4 programming...the shifts are super smooth and crisp. Best of all...no harsh downshift since it's NVK4.

I can easily drive in the 75hp, 100hp and 140hp settings without blowing any smoke.......but mash the skinny pedal off the line in the 140hp and she'll leave a little smoke :rockwoot:

Oh yeah....this is my 4th chip in this truck...and fifth different programming. In order from beginning to present:
1-WD Tri-Power....stock trans (3 position flip)
2-TS Performance PMT1....stock trans (new 3 position flip)
3-DP-Tuner PMT1......stock trans (burned onto previous 3 Position in #2)
4-DP-Tuner PMT1.....BTS trans (New 6 Position Chip)
5-TS Performance NVK4....BTS trans (New 6 Position Chip)

And so far the TS NVK4 programs have performed the best in my truck :rockwoot:

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: So I guess all we need now is a little pic of a 38" burnout!!!:rockwoot: :rockwoot:

Ben

Uh...I'll see what I can do :rockwoot:
:shake: :doh: :huh::

LOL LOL

I used to have trouble getting the front brakes to hold the truck with a stock transmission and 35" tires.

Trying it with a BTS transmission and 38s should be interesting to see if the brakes will hold.

Will sure make for a cool pic if it does... LOL

use a wall LOL

what if you use a wheel chock or something like that with some water or something under the back

DCSpecial said:
I'll try to apease the crowd soon.... LOL :evil LOL

remember punk, ive got an old smoke picture from ya.... so it should be better than that :kick:

Update:

Driving around in the 75hp setting never ceases to bring a smile to my face :D
The truck definately runs smoother and much more responsive to throttle input now. And it almost seems like the exhaust has a meaner tone to it (maybe I'm delusional?? :1tooth: :aiwebs_016: )

Called up and talked to Dennis Perry at TS Performance earlier today just to let him know what I thought about the programs he gave me.....i.e that I think that they kickass :rockwoot: . Chatted with him a bit about the tuning he does with these trucks, etc.. he definately has gobs of knowledge to fine tune these trucks and get them to run and shift smoothly while still having lots of power.
Can't say enough about the customer service from the Perry's (Dennis and Sheila)...both have been awesome to deal with.
:Cheer:

Back