TS Update Thread

Marginal at best. The idea behind of index racing is knowing your machine and how close you can consistently take it to the exact time you need to. Conventional wisdom and driver ploys say make enough power where you just put the foot down and everything works well you get to the end at .xx time. But if you had more power, you would have to slow down to maintain the .xx time. it could be used as a good tactic if both competitors were too fast. just another tactic that makes racing interesting.

First i seen this was in a comp box (i think) at the local track to super powerful cars. both launch hard wheels in the air, then they lay flat on the limiter for the first 300 feet before the power came on and they were down the track. it was stupid to see at first, but by the 3rd time i seen it happen i seen the dynamic it presented.

We went to Nashville for the evening good time there.... I hope the guy that raced 12.0 that had to let off at half track feels like a big man for beating me.

huh? Its an index race run the number and chop the tree down. Doesn't matter what the other guy does then...

I've always raced bracket. I like leaving the line at the same time way better.. I guess I just took 12.0 index the wrong way I thought it was meant for low 12 second trucks to hold to the floor the whole way.. Not low 11 second trucks or whatever

The fast index racing where they launch then go to an idle before the power kicks back in drives me nuts. Everything is controlled by the computer. The diesel index racing is a whole different story. Heads up and foot braking. Cutting a great light on a 4/10's pro tree is tough. The guys who are good at it almost always win. It's much better to have a truck that can run way quicker then the index. Being able to change power levels on the fly helps a lot as well.

I've always raced bracket.
Nothing different than a normal bracket race except you are both dialed in at 12.00. If you have bracket raced much, you always fender the opponent if ahead. That could be hitting the brakes or if you have been watching the opponents qualifying times, as you should be, just get out in front and stay there. It comes down to beating the opponent to the stripe and running on, or slower than, the index. Pretty simple, the only one to blame if the win light doesn't come on is yourself.

Last edited:
I might bring the pants back for Indy or switch to a different color.

Sent from Holderdown Performance iPhone Command Center

Yep if your out front by a length or more in a bracket or index race and not ridding the brake good chance you can loose that way also.

Yep if your out front by a length or more in a bracket or index race and not ridding the brake good chance you can loose that way also.

So true, in 2nd round last year at numidia, i was ahead on back half, saw him fade way back, so i barely touched the brakes... Ran a 11.998, and he ran a 12.6... Made me sick how much time i left on the table there.. All driver error.

Have you been stuck at TS for a month and just escaped?

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Why can I see someone watching the dyno in Monte python esque Knights armor

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Back