TST comp WOW!!!

bosshogg

Running with the best...
Holy crap this thing fuels hard!!! Makes the old edge feel like a stock truck!! Pyro slams up just as hard as the boost gauge though, definitely needs more turbo. Going to try hooking the edge back in EZ mode to put some timing in it and see if it at least makes EGT somewhat manageable.

It does have one quirk about it I was wondering if anyone else had experienced. When you roll into the throttle and you just start to feel the box start adding some fuel (lets say around 10 psi) and you get off the throttle for some reason, the engine makes a kind of stuttering sound and doesnt want to return to idle right away. My guess is it is the added fuel and boost being used up and is normal, just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced it before.

Yea mine does the same thing I got the tst comp with the edge ez box for the added timing, no clue y it does it, It pulls good atleast lol

Holy crap this thing fuels hard!!! Makes the old edge feel like a stock truck!! Pyro slams up just as hard as the boost gauge though, definitely needs more turbo. Going to try hooking the edge back in EZ mode to put some timing in it and see if it at least makes EGT somewhat manageable.

It does have one quirk about it I was wondering if anyone else had experienced. When you roll into the throttle and you just start to feel the box start adding some fuel (lets say around 10 psi) and you get off the throttle for some reason, the engine makes a kind of stuttering sound and doesnt want to return to idle right away. My guess is it is the added fuel and boost being used up and is normal, just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced it before.

sounds normal to me. im thinking the same thing that the added fuel in the rail are being used up and boost pressure. make sure you dont put to much timing while stacking

Tst PM3 Comp is a hard fueling box I loved mine on my 24v it worked great with my 150hp injectors, and hotrod pump. Wish i hadnt wrecked it.

Mine would do it on lvl 6 and up. Just wait until the first time you get on it real hard and the let off and it stalls out on you. I had to crack a couple of injector lines more than once on the side of the road.
TIP: if you have the box cranked and have to let out of the go pedal real quick burp the throttle a couple of times to keep it from stalling.

Subscribing as I have a TSt and it doesn't have the comp tune on it "Yet" but will. I have it stacked with the smarty and its wicked. :Cheer:

Mine would do it on lvl 6 and up. Just wait until the first time you get on it real hard and the let off and it stalls out on you. I had to crack a couple of injector lines more than once on the side of the road.
TIP: if you have the box cranked and have to let out of the go pedal real quick burp the throttle a couple of times to keep it from stalling.

That's not just with the TST.

I have air locked it several times, and it's no big deal if you keep a 3/4" or 19mm wrench with you.

The funny thing is that the TST comp feels much stronger, but doesn't produce as much power as a Edge drag comp. Has anyone else done back to back dyno pulls with both boxes?

Of course different pumps react to it differently, but the TST Comp will not gain you anything but heat and smoke on the top levels. The truck dies after letting out of it on a hard pull because the pump can't keep up. Anywhere from level 6-8 depending on your setup will net you the most power, usually 6 or 7. Anything above those levels will drain the rotor and actually start to pull fuel from the next turn of the rotor which is what ends up air locking it. It's been a while since I've had the chance to run one but I've owned three and love them, especially after understanding these little details.

what cummins4408 said it right, mine used to do that before the big fuel pump and sump in the tank, if you give the vp more pressure it is less likely to do this

The funny thing is that the TST comp feels much stronger, but doesn't produce as much power as a Edge drag comp. Has anyone else done back to back dyno pulls with both boxes?

Thats what I said when I hooked it up. Was like nite and day difference. I had the drag comp with hot unlock and this thing feels way more powerful. The drag comp wouldn't slip the clutch yet this one will. So there has to be more power there or how fast it makes it maybe. I was gonna dyno it but figured I would just burn the clutch out of it. Now I won't dyno til all the other stuff is done to it so won't be fair results.

Get me on a dyno, and I will make it happen. Bosshogg lives pretty close, and I am sure he would be up for some comparison.

Although I would need to use Lavons or someone elses drag comp, because mine got slammed in the truck door and is stuck on 5x5. It still works, but 5x5 is the only setting I could test with mine.

So....I a guy had a dragon fire pump, Raptor 150, all 1/2" lines from draw straw to the inj. pump would he be able to make more power on the higher settings over 6 & 7? I have a TST PM 3 but if it runs good on the truck I'll send it in to upgrade to the Comp.

I had a Drag Comp and Quad ADR that would air lock my pump if I got out of it quick. I added .093 tubes and haven't had any problems since. Don't know if that is a cure or not. just 2cents. LOL

So....I a guy had a dragon fire pump, Raptor 150, all 1/2" lines from draw straw to the inj. pump would he be able to make more power on the higher settings over 6 & 7? I have a TST PM 3 but if it runs good on the truck I'll send it in to upgrade to the Comp.

I had a Drag Comp and Quad ADR that would air lock my pump if I got out of it quick. I added .093 tubes and haven't had any problems since. Don't know if that is a cure or not. just 2cents. LOL

I'll have the .093 connector tubes and airdog 150 and all larger plumbing.

Get me on a dyno, and I will make it happen. Bosshogg lives pretty close, and I am sure he would be up for some comparison.

Although I would need to use Lavons or someone elses drag comp, because mine got slammed in the truck door and is stuck on 5x5. It still works, but 5x5 is the only setting I could test with mine.

Funny you mention that kyle, I would love to get on a dyno sometime very soon. Got the edge comp hooked back up, and even left the pump tap on, and since I already had a switch in the tap wire, I'm able to leave both boxes on the truck and have my choice of either one at any given time. The snow and resulting bad road conditions didnt lend themselves to any kind of testing of the TST/EZ mode stack tonight, even the state routes were screwed up!!

Not to get off topic or anything, but what would be better to stack with the TST for added timing? Edge EZ or Smarty? Those are the only ones I hear people talkin about.

As far as the lift pump helping, yes it would but not in the sense that I'm talking. The fuel is drained from the lines between the injector and the VP, eventually draining the VP. This in theory sounds like the best possible scenario because you get all the fuel to the injector, but in reality, that starves the next turn of the rotor which actually lessens the available fuel through out a hard run. Bigger fuel lines are somewhat like a political debate. Some will argue that they help, and others that they hurt. I agree the bigger amount of volume would help initially, but the VP can't keep the smaller stock volume lines filled, let alone bigger ones. The only thing I know of to fix this is to use a pump with the capacity to pump more volume such as a monster or dragonflow. Even still, I'd be hesitant to say that it would be able to supply the Level 9 setting of the TST. It may but that's not something I've had enough experience with to know. The majority of what I've dealt with are SO, a few HO, a few hotrod pumps, and two monster pumps. Neither of the monsters had TST's though so I still can't say what they can or can't supply.

00 black ram - Not sure that one is really going to gain much of a peak hp number over the other, but I can speak on the smarty having a very smooth curve and could possibly give you more bottom end depending on your injectors and turbo setup. Most people like the smarty/TST stack but either will be great together IMO.

Back