TTVA motor

holsky

Hey guys,

Got a couple of codes popping for awhile now and I figured I would just let it sh!t it's self but it has progressively gotten worse and I was seeing if there is anyway to pull off the TTVA and clean or something? Here are the codes I have been getting:

P1749 "Throttle Valve Actuator Voltage Low"
P1754 "Transmission Throttle Valve stuck"

Sometimes it will not want to shift out of 1st until you floor it and it will finally shift into 2nd. But then at times the check engine light wont even pop up so I'm guessing it's fine at times then it acts up. I just hate to go out and spend $250-$300 on one and it not be the problem and can't return it since its an electrical part.

This is on my 07 5.9.

Thanks for your help,
Austin

I have one off of an 06 was told it has 60K on it. $150 shipped and it is yours.

I guy down the road from our shop had the same issues, new ttva all good.

Damn electronics LOL Why did they ever let go of the cable design?

I suppose to give the tow/haul feature. I don't understand why they didn't change the Gov Pressure algorithm instead.
I suppose it also made assembly easier, as your just adding a few wires to the harness instead of a cable to install.

When mine threw out the pressure sensor, the shift points would get dragged out, but not to the point where i had to nail it to get it to shift... i would check the connection on the ttva motor first, grounds and connections to ecm second, and then try a TTVA motor, if that does not solve it.. it would probably be your pressure solenoid...

Last edited:
Back