Tubular Exhaust Manifold

woot

274775.jpg

Mine is pretty much identical to TJs above and it's seen over 1900 a few times I'm pretty sure. It has not cracked on me.

Thank you!!! It's a lot of work...but worth it in the end...26HP and 36TQ:rockwoot:

I think you'll like brodie's header!!! He done a nice job on it!!!

Nice gain but what was your truck laying down for power? I am only trying to figure out if it was a big gain or not, no disrespect. 26hp on 300rwhp is alot but not as much on a 900rwhp engine.

I know this is not bodies header (nice header by the way bodie) but the header I made using 1/2" mild steel flanges and 1.5" schedule 40 weld els will take some abuse. I put 15 tons of pressure on the flange to straighten it out on the hydraulic press and it still pressure tested just fine with no signs of cracking. I understand its different but it is just an idea of how tough those weld els some 1/2" flanges and good welds can be. I have heard from some people I should be worried about it cracking from the heat but after that test I doubt I will have to worry about heat cracking. I also think the ceramic coating will help.

here is the header I made for comparison.

By the way Bodie I appreciate posting all the pics on here yours was one of the headers that inspired me to build mine for my unique application

almost done with mine

Attachments

• Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 122
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 81
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 103
hey guys,
got a little time to work on the truck today here are some pics.

Attachments

• Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 051.jpg
    Picture 051.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 32
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Picture 050.jpg
    Picture 050.jpg