Turbo boot broke?

BUICKpowerSIX

Ok so I have this loud ass rushing noise of air comming from underneath my hood. I can only get about 8lbs of boost WOT. I think I found a hole in my boot but it is so small I barely missed it. Can a tiny little slit maybe 1/8 of an inch lose that much boost?

I have not had anyone to help me yet and look while I build boost in the truck yet. Just curious if that small of a hole can do that, if so I am 99% sure thats my problem.

Thanks Everyone.

My truck just did this lol, Ive been driving around for 3 days going WTF is that rushing air sound. On my way to Ford this morning, boom the damn sleeve blew apart. So what im saying is fix it, im lazy and let them do it.

I used to have my PSI gauge fed directly from the MAP hose. Bad way to do it - don't ever do that.

Anyway, I finally got smart and plugged it up until one day it melted (it was hot out). The hole was probably only 1/16" and I couldn't get above 4 PSI. The harder you push the gas, the more the air compressed and shoots out the hole.

So yes, that's your problem.

Ok I found it! The leak is on the cold side the plastic acordian part ripped at the bottom. Did I read somewhere that that was a recalled or updated part to aluminium?

Thanks again

150 bucks and 20 minutes later im back in business running 32lbs of boost.

That tub e was ripped half way apart, I have no idea how it even created boost at all?

Thanks for all the replies.:thankyou2:

Back