Turbo downpipe flange

Dbordenb

I am trying to change my exhaust to a 5inch and I bought a 2nd gen downpipe with a hx40 flange that is smaller than the flange on my turbo. The flange is flat like a hx40 but measures 4 and 3/8 inch. The previous owner had a make shift down pipe set up on to fit the 2nd gen manifold an they used a holset elbow with number 3593384 on the side.

What flange adaptor do I need to fit the hx40 downpipe to the turbo?

Thanks,
David

I am trying to change my exhaust to a 5inch and I bought a 2nd gen downpipe with a hx40 flange that is smaller than the flange on my turbo. The flange is flat like a hx40 but measures 4 and 3/8 inch. The previous owner had a make shift down pipe set up on to fit the 2nd gen manifold an they used a holset elbow with number 3593384 on the side.

Thanks,
David

Pm Hjoey, he has the adapter you need and clamps for,sale.

So you know for future reference the larger flange that's been machined flat is called a half marmon or 4.62.

And that is what my turbo has now, a half marmon? wouldn't a 4.62 be a 4 5/8 inch?

Maybe I am just measuring wrong but I think i have a 3/8ths

Last edited:

Thanks,
David

What turbi is it?

It's a 64/68 with a 13cm exhaust housing. If I remember correctly it is a high tech turbo

You have an he351 flange. You can by an hx40 to 351 adapter or you can get the hx40 style down pipe with the 351 flange from Stainless Diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You have an he351 flange. You can by an hx40 to 351 adapter or you can get the hx40 style down pipe with the 351 flange from Stainless Diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, awesome. I ordered an adapter since I already have a hx40 downpipe. Thanks for the help.

Back