turbo dying at the end

bigsexy7.3

We have had 2 pulls so far and both times the turbo.has snuffed out on me at the end and both times I had a different turbo but both had a .90 turbine housings all thats the same. My truck runs 410 gears and 28 degrees timing. Ive been leaving right around 4k this is on my 12valve manual I pull 4th in 4low

What's done to the truck? Housing maybe to tight. Not letting the engine breath

Last edited:
I have injectors, pump, some head work and a good done to.it. it did 606/1253 on the dyno. It snuffs around 2100. I come off and she goes from 4k to about 2800

It is going to be tough to keep a s400 from snuffing at that low of an rpm, but if your going to run that gear its going to happen. 2nd gear high range is a little slower that 4th low.

P pump 2.5 trucks can't pull 4:10 gears in low 4, get 4:88s

Last edited:
I plan on doing gears down the road but I dont have a trailer.to.tow both our trucks with so.this ones getting driven for.the most part til we get a bigger trailer. I was hoping a 1.0 housing might solve my problem and.leaving a little higher.on rpms. Im also only running 285/75 17 tires if that changes anything. Also my first pull was with a.k31 style 2.5 turbo and this one was an s400 frame

Get some 235-55 tires should help if your going to keep the 4.10s. Or try 2nd high.

Is there a way.to.determine timing.to the rpm I wanna pull in? I wanna adjust it to where shes happiest is 2500 and up

Where it will be the happiest and make the most hp at you can't drive on the street. You would be better off with a s300 if you need to drive it. Imo

You just aren't making enough power to try and run the setup you have. Timing is not at fault in your setup

Last edited:
Not with the gear your trying to run. Your trying to turn a 11.1:1 final with 600hp. Not going to happen or at least do it well. Just by switching to 4.88 it drops your final to 13.2:1 and that's closer to where you need to be. 2nd hi with 4.10 would be roughly 12.5:1 final which should net you mid 3000 rpm

Last edited:
See with the.math we did 4th 4low at 3500 was 32 and with 2nd 4 high it would be 27. These first.2.tracks were also really hard which win normal for us were usually.pullings in sand and I gripped on this one. What rpm do alot of you guys leave at?

Mph means nothing if you can't make it work. You arent making enough HP to turn 3500 so if you take what you actually turn your at 24mph. Go slower in gear and turn more rpm equals more mph.

So I dug up 1.0 and I think 1.15. Should I go up one size at a time to.see if it.will help? I was hoping I can swap.the turbine pull the afc and gut it. I would like to bump.my timing up to 30 and hope.it.just helps.get a little.more rpm

I think you guys got it wrong. He obviously was not asking a question by an answer for every answer

Whats weird to.me it my buddys common rail ran this turbo last year with about the same.amount of but.he.was running 373 gears with 35in tires and never had a problem with it.killing out on him and he pulls with a manual in 5th

I ran 3rd gear Lo with my 33" tires and 3.54 axle ratio. Then switched axle ratios, when I built different set to put under the truck.

Back